“Always Great Food and Choices”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #4 of 23 Dessert in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Can't beat the variety of food !! Very inexpensive choices also with a separate
menue section. The pasta dishes are always a treat.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great food, but unfriendly waiter turned experience sour.
Fortunately, she was relieved by a much friendlier server.
Great location! Close to Stanford and hotels.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We took the team of 10 there for dinner on a Monday night. It was busy - but there are no soft furnishings - so the place echos very loudly - making it difficult to hear if you don't shout - which just makes it worse. Service for drinks seemed very slow. Food was uninspiring, and lacked flavour. My Shrimp and Chicken dish came with cold re-fried beans - just a lump of stogie carb. The shrimps were numerous, but tasteless. I couldn't find the chicken.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was with a party of fifteen and arrived half an hour early only to be confronted by a male arrogant receptionist. The restaurant on a Sunday was busy and I suppose that a busy employee does not value custom that was worth around $450 business. If I had my way I would have walked out. I am so pleased I did not. We were given our table on time and all the serving staff were professional and courteous. The menu was extensive and I expected to be confronted by a meal that was re-heated - how wrong that was!! The Appetizer was delicious. I ordered a Pasta with meat sauce and asked for spaghetti. This was the best Spaghetti Bolognaise I have had since my last visit to Rome. The portions was so large I had to take more than half of it home. A great evening.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My experiences have always been really good at the cheesecake factory --- this one was not up to my expectations…...

POSITIVES:

1) outstanding bread
2) outstanding desserts
3) no waiting to get a table
4) decent service

NEGATIVE --- the meal was mediocre to bad. We ordered two dishes (plus dessert) --- the lunch special filet mignon and the burrito.

--- the burrito was mediocre at best; mostly rice and very little chicken. Not very appetizing, and I was starving.

--- the steak was not prepared appropriately, TWICE. I asked for medium and it came out raw. I sent it back and it came back rare; the waitress indicated that the "temperature" was just right. I asked for medium; if I had asked for a specific temperature then that would have been an appropriate response. So I ended up eating only half of the steak (the outside cooked part),