“Excellent Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ordered take-out and was quite pleased. Service was fast, and each of the entrees and soups were excellent. Perhaps a tad bit higher priced than what I am used to paying for Chinese food, but perhaps in line for Palo Alto.

1  Thank KAP

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were 15 of us, veg and non veg. The non veg food was excellent! Never tasted delicious chinese food in a long long time!! The server was friendly, patient ( specially since there were vegetarians who didnt eat egg, mushroom, ginger garlic ) they accomodated all the requests except for one which was not made as per the request.

More non veg options than veg. The ambience is nice. Inbuilt live fish across the room on 2 walls ( lobster, shrimp and other large fish )

Parking is on the road ( El Camino Real ) and before the restaurant for a few cars.

We returned in 2 weeks with my family and the food was still the same delicious and we ordered some dishes from our earlier visit. It was perfect.The soup ( hot and sour ) yuuuummm. !! YOu have to try this..

It has become one of our favorite. We just need a reason to go there ;-)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is one of many of our favorites when we visit Palo Alto. The owner and staff are very pleasant and willing to provide service as you wish. We visited with friends and had a very nice meal and time to enjoy our friendship. The owner was gracious providing that special extra that we always appreciate. I have no hesitation recommending Hunan Garden. Oh, parking is easy.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My mouth is watering just writing this review! I love H&S soup and this is some of the best--chocked full of yummy goodness with a silky broth that makes it impossible to stop slurping. There is not a bad dish on the menu but I usually pig out on the soup so the rest goes home for the next day. It's all good!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have known the owner, Simon Yuan, for over 30 years. I first met him, and his family, at the Hunan Homes restaurant in San Francisco's China Town (also an excellent restaurant). Simon is not only a great friend, but an outstanding host. He is extremely personable, and will take the time to talk with you and your guests. His entire waitstaff is professional and friendly. The food is nothing short of outstanding. My favorties: Orange Peel Beef, Spicy Salted Spareribs, Beef with String Beans, Chicken with Sesame Garlic sauce, Honey Walnut Shrimp. The Hot & Sour soup is made with very fresh vegetables -- you can really taste the green onion and mushrooms! Simon designed Hunan Garden to be different than the typical Chinese Restaurant. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, without those tacky printouts pasted to walls and windows listing menu items. This is a great place to take family, friends and business associates. The outdoor dining area is especially nice; it is covered and heated chilly evenings.