“Yummy but no fat tummy!”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #3 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our first restaurant has been a Palo Alto institution since its doors opened in 1976. With the brand new addition of an oyster bar, cocktail bar and lounge area, there are now even more ways to experience this unique restaurant. The expansive retail market remains a popular stop for local residents seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great, fresh sea food. I ate here two nights in succession and my only complaint is that the portions are on the small side for the price. Don't expect to leave the place feeling "stuffed" :-)
The menu is extensive enough to satisfy most tastes with plenty of fresh daily specials.
Next time I am in town I will be back for more!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants but on several recent visits we changed our minds.

The bread was excellent but the main courses were not. One of the fish dishes was undercooked (I enjoy sashimi but this was something else) The vegetables were blah and the service was not great.

We are not returning, there are many better restaurants in the area,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great meal. It was nice to see the chefs cooking behind glass. For kids a favorite is the Gumbo Shrimp. I have not eaten any better shrimp. I will go here again. I recommend this place to any "seafood fans."

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have visited this restaurant for several times, I peronally enjoy the discounted price oyster and Cherry Clam on the half shell during 'Happy Hours', good in both quality and value.
Bar services is average but efficient. Food served are fresh and good, but prices are a bit expensive, but it's normal and expensive in Palo Alto.
Restaurant's decoration are 'standard' Fish market decor, and identical with the other branches.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The general quality of the meal was quite bland. Its been several years since I have eaten at a "Fish Market", and I felt that the prices had increased considerably since the last time. The fish was flavorless, but the sides (2 vegetable sides) were good. Altogether, not a very good value.