“For fish, no need to look any further!”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #4 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our first restaurant has been a Palo Alto institution since its doors opened in 1976. With the brand new addition of an oyster bar, cocktail bar and lounge area, there are now even more ways to experience this unique restaurant. The expansive retail market remains a popular stop for local residents seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish.
Helsinki, Finland
“For fish, no need to look any further!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The place smells fish, as there is a large market counter at the entry for buying fresh fish.
The place menu is great, as long as you like fish or seafood.
We started with an assortement of 3 different kinds of oyesters, the recommendation would have been spot-on, clearly the most tasty juicy oyesters of the 3 different kinds.
The DUNGENESS CRAB CIOPPINO was fantastic, and small size was great for me.
I will certainly be back!

Visited February 2014

• Greek first
Amelia Island, Florida
“Deservedly an Institution”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Dinner here with my wife tonight. We liked it a lot. Traveling here to visit with our son, and we've already resolved to return to the Fish a Market, next weekend. It's a cavernous place, but not all in one space, and it's exactly what you want a seafood restaurant to look like-wood floors, captain's chairs. It feels very much like you should be looking out the window at the harbor, in Nantucket or Half Moon Bay. I had one of the 3 "Specialties," jumbo garlic prawns with past ($17.25). I love garlic, and I adore butter, but, for the first time in my life, I'm going to tell all listeners that there was simply too much butter in this dish. Very good, but too buttery. My wife had the Black Mussels ($14.95). She's a card-carrying Mussel Freak, and she liked these very much. We each had wine (Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, $8.25; Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay, 2 glasses at $7.25 ea.). Lastly, we succumbed to two deserts, Creme Brûlée (good, declared my wife, $7.50, and a sinful Snickerdoodle Brownie with Vanilla Ice a Cream, also $7.50. We waddled happily home afterwards. Efficient, bustling service.

Visited February 2014
Toronto
“It was alright ...”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Was looking forward to eating here after many favorable reviews. I was there for lunch and was easily seated, we were there just before noon rush. Saw the swordfish sandwich on foccia bread and ordered it with fries. Sandwich was a good size, but the swordfish portion was quite small, small enough that I could not really taste the fish through the tomato and lettuce that was on the bun, fries were warm at best. Server was really nice and friendly .... but it just didnt turn my crank, maybe a dinner here would be different.

• Visited January 2014
Palo Alto, California
“Fish Market Shines”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Every time we go to The fish Market we are amazed at a # of things...
1)The # of people who must agree with us..
2) The quality of the food...
3) The generous portions provided...
4) The excellent service...
5) The value for the $$ spent!
Intend to go more often in 2014....
Parking is sometimes a bit of a challenge....but the challenge is worth it!

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Interesting Place with Some Good Meals”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This restaurant is clean as a whistle! The service was good too. Some of our four dishes were very good while some were just OK. The fries were very ordinary (out of the package) and cold. One meal was very passable. However, when I'm back in the area, I'll try again.

• Visited January 2014