“Average at best”

Ranked #3 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our first restaurant has been a Palo Alto institution since its doors opened in 1976. With the brand new addition of an oyster bar, cocktail bar and lounge area, there are now even more ways to experience this unique restaurant. The expansive retail market remains a popular stop for local residents seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Affordable seafood restaurant but the food was just ok. The fish I ordered was dry and overcooked. The place had a strange odor when you first walked in which was a put off for me (and it was just a fish odor). Reasonable wine list. Service was good. Very crowded, suggest reservations.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food was very good. Fresh fish, great clam chowder. It is a huge place and they have plenty of parking spots available. They have a special deal from Monday to Thursday between 4 and 6pm, 2 courses for $12. The place was really busy and it just tells me how popular it is among locals.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

An interesting combination - excellent seafood (variety, portions, service, and price) AND a casual, hustle and bustle, high energy atmosphere. Rare to get both! I went with the Mahi Mahi cooked Cajun style with double order of veggies. Nice and spicy, tender and flaky, and THE best flavor ever. I'm sure there are other things on the menu that are good but, if I went back, I'd probably go with this again...and again. You'll enjoy it...

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Wow, had a bunch of dishes, but tops would have to be Oysters Rockefeller. Probably best I have ever had. Louie salad (w crab and shrimp) delicious as well.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We visited the restaurant with a friend who was visiting from back East last week. He doesnt eat much seafood so when we dined here, needless to say he was impressed. Our food service was quick and done right. Other than the server being older and appearing to be 'tired', we were happy with the meal. I wish the server would have came around more often to refill our water glasses (we had to ask for a 2nd glass of water) or offer us drinks from the bar without us having to get up and get it. It was a busy night, so it doesnt affect the rating, but if it wasnt busy, the server is suppose to make sure your dining experience is fabulous. Anyway, our friend wants to come back on their next trip and so will we. The fish we had was fresh and cooked to perfection. If you like seafood, this is the place to dine at!