“Very good non-fast-food chinese”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #195 of 374 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were a group of 4
Service was great - polite, patient and friendly
Food was good - not over spiced, not too much sauce - right proportions and tastefull
The Crab wonton were great as well as the lemon-almonds chicken

Place was crowded but not noisy and the the setting was good
Liked it

Reviewed December 30, 2013

`My husband and I went in to celebrate our 45 anniversary. My husband choose this place to surprise me because I had gone to 1 in Fremont and 1 in Sunnyvale which I REALLY ENJOYED. Needless to say our happiness was shattered. In my husband overly happy mood shared this happy time with our waitress who nodded and walked away saying Happy Birthday. My husbands face dropped his mood darkened. TWICE the wrong plate of food was brought, when brought to the waitresses attention we were questioned AND treated as if we had Altimehers and forgot what we had ordered, when my husband got upset and asked her to look at the receipt ONLY then did she apologize and brought the right dishes which had been sitting on the counter, of course food was COLD. BY then all the food was cold, we had only ate the soup in the beginning, our stomachs soured with the events that followed.All my husband could say was pack it up we will take it, when she packed it up and went to get the bill, my husband said to get up and just leave the food. I couldn't do that it would be like leaving a penny tip, which mind you my husband was in the right for the horrible way we were treated and the cold food brought to our table. We just couldn't bring ourselves to complain right there in front of people and ruin there meals that was not the right place. Mind you my husband paid over $75.00 for a meal we through in a dumpster in the heat of what should have been Special for BOTH of us., and like many seniors on a limited income, my husband save up for this special night he thought would be special for me. When we did leave on the way out my husband did voice himself to some lady as we were leaving who could only say she's sorry as we walked out.We went home and cried our selves to sleep - on an empty stomach. The next day I type in our experience. The owner/manager it and called me, she said she posted what happened to us that previous night with NO ONE owning up to it because we paid cash, and the receipt was trashed with the food. The manager went out of her way to offer a free complete meal etc. BUT I told her my husband will NOT EVER go back in THAT restaurant because of the way we were treated and the cold food - which made it look disgusting and unappetizing. She said she would send coupons that we could use at a any PJs. that would provided the GOOD food and service we SHOULD HAVE received on our 45th Anniversary.We NEVER received them, I wished they were true to there word and send us a 85.00 food credit for ANY PJ'S were we could TRY to recapture that SPECIAL NIGHT.( this inc. the tip - which the manager said we shouldn't have paid for ANYTHING) Mind you the information we gave about our waitress who also worked as a bartender at a STEAK PLACE there in the mall along with the manager giving out 10.00 coupons that night the one my husband briefly talked to, proved we were there, this was NO joke, maybe ON US because of the way we were treated. On a scale of 1-10 that experience would be in the MINUS 10 - For the owner-manager who tried to appease us at least 7 for effort, I just wish we could be compensated for that evening - especially since she was the one who said we shouldn't have paid anything.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Really like the decor. Food is very good, but in the end it's chinese with a little fusion. It has a great atmosphere and it's just a great way to eat chinese food. Getting tired of the basic places, from "nice" to hole-in-the-walls. The ambience makes it, and probably why part of reason for food taste; although, you can tell quality ingredients.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I knew nothing about this restaurant and only went here as it was the first restaurant we came to after meting a friend. Although the restaurant was half empty, since it was fairly late, the service was very sluggish. It seemed to take a long while to get drinks, especially my beer. The food itself was OK but again took a long time to arrive. Also, the meals arrived one at a time such that one of our party had virtually finished by the time the last meal arrived. The food was Americanised-Asian. My dish was meant to be spicy but had very little spice in it at all! One of our party remarked that it was chinese food for non-chinese people. I would say any lover of real chinese cuisine would find this place a disappointment.

I don't live in the area so I am unlikely to return. However, if I did return to the area I'll choose somewhere else to eat next time.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

With a location to die for and lovely ambiance they could have done wonders if only the food was better.
The only thing we like about this place is the lettuce wrapped chicken and rest all I can easily forget except that the excess MSG added to the food leave a bad mark on ur taste buds.
Too much of sweetness in the recipe to cater to american palate makes the Chinese food non chinese!