“An ok and "safe" choice of place to go”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #234 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Nothing really memorable but it is an ok and a safe choice for groups. The food is authentic enough. Just not enough to make an impression for me for some reason.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm gluten free and Casein free so we go out of our way to find a PF Chang's like we did tonight, drove all the way from San Mateo but we live in NJ. It's hidden in this strange corner of the mall so we almost gave up & went to eat on University instead. The place wasn't very crowded yet it was still dinner time. The waiter barely spoke English and promised my husband a drink which he got wrong and had them remake. I had to ask for my ice tea 30 minutes after being seated, they finally brought it. I ordered my gluten free entree and side dish and we ordered regular dishes for my husband. Only they brought the gluten free version for him which has way less flavor than what he likes or needs to worry about. It took so long for the appetizer to show up then they walked over with our main course 1 minute later saying it was the wrong table. When we finished the lettuce wraps they brought back the original dishes which were really ours and not hot anymore. It's a good thing we shared a gluten free lettuce wrap when we sat down otherwise I would have listened to him complain the whole drive back to our hotel. Luckily the scenery in downtown Palo Alto took his mind off dinner, this was his first trip south of San Francisco. The prices are always reasonable for the large portions you get but it helps when they bring what you actually ordered. This PF Chang's experience was so different than any we've ever had, disappointing at ever step.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am Gluten-Free and Casein-Free and luckly they know what to do with people with allergies. In the menu there is a section for Gluten-Free platters and deserts and etc. There dishes get tastier and yummier every time we go. The best place for someone who is allergic to gluten.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Chains prosper because they're predictable. With the hundreds of outposts, this is the sizzler of chinese. And it's actually not bad, and in Nebraska I might eat at a PF Chang's. But - OMG - there are dozens of better chinese restaurants within 2 miles. And hundreds within 10 miles. Just in Palo Alto, you can eat non-threatening standards at China Delight and Jing Jing downtown, to the slightly more upscale cantonese Tai Pan, and the new Sichuan menu at Mandrin Gourmet, to HK Restaurant further south on ECR, and Da Sichuan and Hunan Delight (nearly next to each other) if you want something authentic, and further south there's Su Hong for real Shanghai style. If you're reading a review, you want to go somewhere a little different, don't go here.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We usually like to try out different P.F Chang's in different locations in the States.

This is one if the best we think.

The location is nice .. Smack in the Stanford Shopping Centre area.

Food quality is better than other branches.. That's our opinion having tried Philadelphia and Texas.

Portions are really big but this is typical of American standard so if you are a small eater like me, share with a friend..

Choice of alcoholic drinks is quite good and desserts are simply delicious. I like the banana spring rolls!
Service is really good and we like the friendly staff.