“Real good, Real Cantonese”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #189 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I don't bemoan fusion cooking, after all people like it and it can often be interesting dining. But there are times I want to have real Cantonese style food like my family grew up with. And HK Restaurant satisfies that craving for clay pots, for whole fish, or for old fashioned dishes like roast chicken or seafood stir fries. This is a modest place perfectly suited to family gatherings.
My late father liked going here and now my new son does,too, so Long Life to HK Restaurant.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our whole family loved this restaurant. Food is amazing and very fresh. My kids loved that our waiter didn't speak English very well...made it that much more authentic for them!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is very good, the prices are reasonable, portions large. Its a busy resturant yet food and service is consistently good.I have eaten there several times and more often gotten take out. Great menu selection and service has been generally even better than other "higher priced" chinese restuarants in Palo Alto. Definitely the best value for Chinese food I have found in Palo Alto area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is our favorite go-to, whatever you are wearing is fine, no reservations needed restaurant that we visit whenever we are in Palo Alto. They are always open and they cook fast! We always get a steamed fish with ginger and green onion. Sometimes we get the claypot catfish (but beware of bones!) We also like the house chow mein which is pan fried but we ask for it extra crispy. And we always order a veggie asking for whatever is freshest. Lunch or dinner comes with a complementary taro root soup.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our friends who live in Menlo Park mentioned this Chinese restaurant - they thought it's the only one in Palo Alto. What?? I ordered a plate lunch of roast duck over rice and my friend ordered squid with black bean sauce(?) Wow, there was so much duck I had to bring some home. The squid was delicious, too, although the tentacles weren't served. Maybe they thought we'd be squeamish. This is a very casual restaurant with super fast service. Since I live in San Jose, I wouldn't make a special trip to Palo Alto for this restaurant, but I would on the way back from the North Bay.