“Friendly service, delicious food”
Review of Spalti Ristorante

Spalti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Spalti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 360 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ash
Palo Alto, California
“Friendly service, delicious food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I were heading to Pastis a few doors down, but forgot it was closed on Mondays. So we stopped at Spalti and checked out the menu. It looked promising and a waiter came over and told us about a number of specials. We decided to try it and were glad we did. My son had bruschetta and pasta pomodoro. I had a caesar salad and vegetable risotto. Everything came quickly and the pastas were piping hot. The vegetable risotto was filled with a variety of al dente vegetables and was a huge portion. For dessert my son had the Tiramisu and I had a deliciously tart lemon sorbet. It was a bit after lunchtime, so we missed the California Avenue crowds. Our service was prompt, but it might take a bit longer if you came during the lunch rush. We sat outside on their sheltered patio which was lovely. The inside is also beautifully decorated and the waiter said they have a banquet room in the back. This is another terrific spot on California Avenue, where frankly, we are quite spoiled for choice!

• Visited August 2012

Seattle
“Don't Understand Why it's Always so Empty”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was in the mood for Italian and didn't want anything from a chain (Olive Garden) so I decided to give Spalti a try. The place was empty so I was quite skeptical but when the food arrived I was plesantly surprised. The texture of the pasta was quite nice and the sauces were good. Also the food came out pretty quickly so I really don't understand why it isn't more popular.

• Visited June 2012
palo alto
“Relaxing California Avenue option”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Like: Sheltered outdoor patio dining option at entrance; good food.

Visited May 2012
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I visited this place in mid February during my Bay area trip. The decor is nice and the staff very hospitable. They have a varied list of starters. The wine list is also quite good. I ordered a pasta with shrimps & chicken. The serving time was about 20 mins. The pasta was good and the vegetables fresh.

Highly recommended if you want to savour authentic Italian food in Palo Alto.

• Visited February 2012
colorado springs
“charming local bistro, we loved.”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

in mid town palo alto so its mellow with mostly long time paly locals. easy to find parking which is better than trendy university ave. so quaint and comfortable. amazing service by hiam. the food was very very good, not the best ive ever had but quite yummy. we met a couple who had lived in the area since 1928 and chatted with them, a highlight of the evening. we loved everything about spalti.

• Visited March 2012