“Decent Tacos for West Coast”
Review of Tacolicious

Tacolicious
Ranked #53 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican
NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent Tacos for West Coast”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Coming from the east coast, I was looking forward to having some savory tacos that I hear so much about on the West Coast. These tacos are pretty good for the east coast but I was expecting more out this place. The complimentary chips were very thick and soggy. The tacos were generally good, if I had to choose I'd recommend the barbacoa taco the most.

Service was very attentive and good and the space is very big so it's good for big groups.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Menlo Park, California
“Hip and overpriced - better places nearby”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's hard to like Tacolicious. It's like a upscale, new style Chevy's. They have drink specials and loud music and an industrial vibe.

At best, if you're a twenty-something with a pile of money and friends, this is a good place to think you're eating well and make some noise and have a few drinks. The food isn't bad by any means.

However, this place is in the middle of some really good mexican food, and mexican food both for upscale consumption and by mexicans. If you want a great Taco, try El Grullense in Redwood City (any of them), or Los Gemelos ( tortillas made by hand ), or La Bamba. None of these places are in downtown PA, though.

For upscale mexican with drinks, I think Reposado around the corner is much better. They have a wide menu, and can execute complex dishes like Mole better, and their drinks are more pleasant. It's a bit more expensive, though.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank bbulkow
Anchorage, Alaska
“Superb service; not traditional enough for my liking”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

6 of us ate at Tacolicious 2 weeks ago. I can't say enough about the excellent wait staff, however I was hoping for more traditional/mainstay Mexican food. Lamb tacos?? The fish taco was breaded, fried - disappointing. I also prefer white flour tortillas (yeah, yeah - I know corn tortillas are what we are supposed to like....) and that wasn't an option. The guacamole was fantastic.
The tables have stools, not chairs with backs, and this was uncomfortable.
My friends enjoyed the food more than I did and we had to wait a long time to get in, so clearly it appeals to many - just not me. I would not choose to go back.

• Visited June 2013
MT
“Great happy hour specials”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Casual dinner with friends at Tacolicious was very enjoyable. We stayed on the bar side of the restaurant so we could take advantage of the happy hour specials ($5 each for a variety of drinks and/or appetizers). The nachos were interesting (contain vegetables like carrots and cauliflower!) but really good. Awesome gaucomole. Chicken and carnitas tacos also excellent, served with 3 different sauces. Empanadas good. Nice atmosphere and good service.

Visited June 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Another fabulous Gluten Free eatery”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Tacolicious has a high end Mexican fusion menu. Try the beet salad and order at least two tacos. The tacos are soft shelled and the presentation is wil mild medium and hot sauces. Very colorful presentation. The crowd is pretty young, mostly twenty-thirty patrons. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Expect a line on Friday evening but it will be worth it. The overall feel of the place is Euro-bistro with a high ceiling, open architecture and tight spaces. The staff had Gluten Free knowledge and the meu was very GF friendly.

Visited June 2013

Been to Tacolicious? Share your experiences!