“Dirty dishes, ok food”

The Patio
Ranked #201 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Strange experience at happy hour. The server took our order and my credit card before serving anything. The plastic pitcher of beer we ordered came with something black, fuzzy and sticky on the spout, making it impossible to clean. We got a replacement pitcher which was thankfully clean. The glass I was given had a hair stuck on it and the plate they brought had bits of old food on it. Do they not have decent dishwashers here?

The food itself wasn't bad after I got clean dishes to eat from. Calamari was tasty as well as the chicken skewers. We ordered the grilled ones but they brought fried ones first, then grilled, which were rather dry. A plus that they didn't charge for the fried ones since it was their mistake.

They did return the credit card with the bill at the end, but I wasn't comfortable with my card in their possession the entire time.

We sat in the patio which was pleasant enough, but the inside was super loud with lots of TVs blaring. Not my ideal happy hour venue.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I expected burgers. I found:
Excellent Burgers
Outstanding Draft Beers (Green Flash West Coast IPA, among others!)
Very respectable cocktails (Margs!)
Surprising Chinese Chicken Salad
Very Tasty Bar Mexican (tacos, quesodilla, etc.)

Lots of Big Screens, too - almost a sports bar vibe, excellent place to settle in and enjoy a Sunday NFL afternoon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The patio is one of the surprisingly few places in Palo Alto that have outside seating and dining. Food is mainly burgers and the like. The atmosphere is quite lively, and later at night the tables get put aside and the place turns into a club.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's got a dance floor - seems like that's something to be missed at all costs. It's got a bar up front and a bar in the back. I guess the bar in the back is the "patio". But if you're back there once they decide it's "night club" time, then you have to get out of your seats and stand up. I think I'm too old for this place - leave it to the young and happening PA crowd...

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I really didn't expect much coming here, thinking that it is a sports bar serving average food. What a surprise! The burger was really flavorful and juicy. The buns were lightly pan seared on one side and buttery. The fries were good and the service was super friendly.

One thing that I like a lot is that they mix ingredients into their beef patty and it adds lots of flavor and juiciness to the meat. It might not be some people's choice of making burger but I think it works really well here.

I am really impressed with the food and will definitely be back again.

1  Thank MustLoveTruffle