“A great place to eat with friends”

Tamarine Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 365 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tasso & Webster
Description: Tamarine is a contemporary Vietnamese restaurant that features the light but flavor-intensive culinary delicacies of Vietnam. The restaurant offers a menu based on small plates, promoting the Vietnamese tradition of the 'shared' meal in which food is shared and enjoyed with those close. Tamarine's small plate entrees are enjoyed with the pairing of a variety of aromatic, flavor infused rice, designed to be mixed and matched to create a truly unique flavor experience. Along with culinary delicacies of Vietnam, the restaurant showcases the works of emerging artists from Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I hadn't been here in a few years, so I decided that I would meet my friends here for lunch over the Christmas holiday season. I made my reservations ahead of time - this place was packed so I'm glad I did. There were clearly business lunches taking place and people were dressed for the occasion, though my group was in jeans and nice buttoned down shirts (Friday business casual). I think we fit in just fine.

The service here is outstanding; the atmosphere is very nice but not stuffy. The food was very very good, though it didn't "wow" any of us, which is why I gave it 4 out of 5. We had the garlic noodles, a curry dish and a beef item, with some jasmine rice. The amount was just perfect for the three of us.

This is definitely one of my favorite places to eat in Palo Alto.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The venue was packed on a Tuesday night! (make a booking). The service was good, the food of a good standard and the atmosphere was great. The only thing they could improve would be to change the brand of water they sell...designer bottle with poor tasting water. Overall a good night. I will return.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We ordered all the things that the Bartender recommended. Lamb rolls, Pork Loin, Basil Tofu.
They were mostly Meh, which was disappointing based on all the great reviews by others. Certainly not worth the money.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Good service, good food, nice atmosphere combine here for a lovely lunch spot...this is probably my fourth visit here, and each one has been a positive experience. Vietnamese California style cuisine. Efficient, pleasant ambiance and nice food. Recommended.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We loved this restaurant as we love fusion food and every time we were in Palo Alto we used to go there. This time the food was mediocre. In addition, we requested formally that garlic should be out of question for one person at our table as she was allergic to garlic. The waiter confirmed that there would not be any garlic in the Entree, but unfortunately this was not the case. The crisp bacon cubes and water melon, the flash-fried jumbo prawns and the hosin garlic chops were average. Nothing special.
We also noticed that as it was approaching 9:40 pm, they started to switch off some lights in the restaurant, so we decided to leave more quickly than we would have like.
We will not return.