“Quality has gone down hill”
Review of Miyake Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been here before and when they were at a smaller location but on the same University Avenue only about two blocks away. The food quality has gone down hill since then. Again, I usually just like commenting on the fare, but I must also add that the service also slid the same
direction.

I went with my family for lunch and decided on Miyake because we thought with other good restaurants around, they may have gotten better. No, not yet and especially not this time.
I do concur with other recent comments about Miyake, but I also want to add the place needs
to upgrade the place. Even a local pizza place looked better and cleaner. But then again,
a lot of students go there for the cheap prices.

I ordered teriyaki chicken to be cooked less than they normally do because I didn't want it to
be dry. Did they do it? No they didn't. So instead of complaining about it and asking for a replacement, I ate it all. It was just a little bit overcooked. My wife got some yellow tail sushi and all she got was paper thin yellow tail for all six pieces from the roll. Yes, the food prices
seem wonderful when looking from a menu, but surely we got what we paid - small prices =
small amount.

I am quite sure we will not go back there soon and would definitely not recommend this place
at all. Maybe I should have checked on tripadvisor before going. But how often do we do that especially when you've been there before.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I haven't been to Miyake in a long time (years), but when I've been there in the past, the sushi is of mediocre quality at best. I think that the only reason to go would be for a group experience (loud and boisterous)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2009

fun but noisy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Bad service, bad sushi, loud and obnoxious drunks. Not there for the food obviously, but for the sake bongs. You are rushed out noT that we wanted to stay longer...

Bad service! bathrooms were unkept and smelly SHALL I GO ON?

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Disappointed with the quality of the rolls and sushi. I would say it's overrated but great for the Stanford student.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook