New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good Steak While In Palo Alto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sundance The Steakhouse

Sundance The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sundance The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 347 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stanford Ave.
Description: Since its opening in 1974, prime steaks and martinis have never gone out of style at this Palo Alto institution. The atmosphere is very clubby with fireplaces, dark wood, sports memorabilia and plush leather booths tucked into the many nooks throughout the dining room. Famous for their slow-roasted prime rib & hand-cut U.S.D.A Prime Steaks, they also offer fresh seafood, cold water lobster tail & succulent shellfish. The 23 oz. Bone-In Rib eye Steak is the "Boss' Favorite" while the Double Cut Filet Mignon runs a close second. Sundance is respected for serving the best food money can buy coupled with value & simplicity – a welcome relief for serious food & steak aficionados. The menu is supported by an award-winning wine list that features over 400 selections focusing on highly allocated Napa Valley Cabernets & Sonoma Pinot Noirs. Exceptional ratings & numerous restaurant awards rank Sundance the Steakhouse as a true dining destination.
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Good Steak While In Palo Alto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was taken here by a business associate for dinner. I had NY Strip Steak and Wedge salad for dinner. We had great wine and food was very good. Great overall experience. Would go back again.

• Visited February 2013

Redwood City
“Just fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is expensive , poor parking and poor lighting . I have been a few time . I really enjoy prime rib and probably will go back because the prime rib is ....ok ...until I find another place then I will not go back . The reviews are correct about the staff thinking they are MUCH better than they are !!!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mountain View, California
“Sunset dinner, here we come!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times in the past but having retired, this was 1 luxury we thgt we had 2 give up. It was hard bcause the food has always been delicious, the atmosphere romantic, & the servers polite. When my sister Roleen suggested going there 4 my birthday, I told here it was 2 xpensive but she said they had a twilight dinner 4 $22. After ckg the choices over, I agreed since there wud b just 5 of us. What a great choice!! 2 had prime rib, Gordon & Cheryl had a steak & I had the grilled salmon. This meal came w soup or salad, Gordon had clam chowder & the rest of us had a salad. My caesar was 1 of the best & while my fish was over cooked @ 1st, r waiter took it back 2 the kitchen & brght another that was perfect!! Naturally I tried Ron's prime rib since I let him try my salmon & he agreed it was done perfectly. The food was as good as Ron & I remembered. Roleen, Gordon, & Cheryl were impressed with the ambience, but more importantly, r waiter was the tops! I am @ fault here 4 not remembering his name after how great he was but we all ageed that he made r dinner special even tho we were eating off of the twilight menu. So I will have 2 go back & eat that wonderful food again just so I can get his name. Oh well someone has 2 do it. Go 4 the early dinner. U will b pleasantly surprised

Palo Alto, CA
“consistently good quality and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been here many many times for personal and business reasons. Have been to other steakhouses in the area and this is by FAR the best!

Visited November 2012
San Leandro
“The Sunset Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Come early for the Sunset special from 5:00PM to 6:00 PM....great prime rib dinner, soup or salad and rwo sides...at a special early bird price..can't be beat. With a choice of seating locations and excellent attentive service..(before the crowds arrive at 6:00PM). It is worth the effort to come early.

• Visited December 2012