“I've had problems here more than once.”

Sundance The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sundance The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 374 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stanford Ave.
Description: Since its opening in 1974, prime steaks and martinis have never gone out of style at this Palo Alto institution. The atmosphere is very clubby with fireplaces, dark wood, sports memorabilia and plush leather booths tucked into the many nooks throughout the dining room. Famous for their slow-roasted prime rib & hand-cut U.S.D.A Prime Steaks, they also offer fresh seafood, cold water lobster tail & succulent shellfish. The 23 oz. Bone-In Rib eye Steak is the "Boss' Favorite" while the Double Cut Filet Mignon runs a close second. Sundance is respected for serving the best food money can buy coupled with value & simplicity – a welcome relief for serious food & steak aficionados. The menu is supported by an award-winning wine list that features over 400 selections focusing on highly allocated Napa Valley Cabernets & Sonoma Pinot Noirs. Exceptional ratings & numerous restaurant awards rank Sundance the Steakhouse as a true dining destination.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have visited Sundance more than two or three times. The first I had a calamari steak, and some time later I ended up in the El Camino hospital ER. Another time I found a weevil in one of the loaves of bread they gave. It's another surf and turf place like many others. It's merely convenient from Stanford.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have been many time to this erstaurant in the past but this time was exceptionnaly good. The prime rib was absolutely superb, the salad prepared very professionally and the cheese cake out of this world : So perfect dinner completed by a perfect service all along the evening

1  Thank jmLondon845
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went here on a business trip. When I entered I was told they were full in the dining room however I was welcome to find a place at the bar. I sat down next to a table of people that clearly had way too much alcohol. I couldn't even hear myself think. The food was good however pricey. I order a salad, iced tea and lobster and my meal was $70+!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was the last night of the US coast to coast trip and the meal had to be good. A Saturday night, with no reservations and the place was heaving. We went into the bar area and soon had a couple of seats at the bar and ate there. Excellent prime rib, good Martini, good wine, good service - all in all an excellent experience.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Best steak house around here, as far as I concerned. Good bar as well. Totally recommend. Location is convenient as well to both University Aveneue and Page Mill business offices.