“fresh !!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Charleston
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The place did not look great from the outside but everything else were great. The sushi were all fresh and tasted great.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

First-class sushi at high prices, served by people many of whom have a distant cool detachment that (for me) discourages returning

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The quality of the fish is excellent and the unique recipes always intrigue. As I live in Vancouver, I am familiar with great sushi restaurants and Fuki-Sushi would not be out of place with all the high-end Japanese restaurants in Vancouver. There are several different ways to enjoy your plates - at the sushi bar, at a table, or in one of the westernized Tatami rooms. The one small complaint is the service is not quick, but it does take time to create the diverse, time-consuming dishes. I have heard the service can lag even more on busy weekends. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this place when in the Palo Alto area.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

On Saturdays Fuki Sushi tends to have lots of Stanford student groups of 6 or more. The kitchen can not keep up. We ordered 3 entree's and 4 appetizers, hot tea and one beer. The tea and beer took 20 minutes to arrive, the beer was flat and not cold and the tea was warm. The plates came one at a time with long waits in between. One entree was served with the first appetizer and the last 2 entrees were served 45 minutes after we sat down. We ordered a second pot of tea right away as we emptied the small pot on one roundWe never did get a second pot of tea or water. All this for $120 for 3 people....such a deal. No one asked how we were doing. Never again on a Friday or Saturday night.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stopped by Fuki-Sushi in Palo Alto to have dinner last night. The building is large and definitely has a Japanese flair to it. I requested and was seated at the sushi bar. It’s a long bar with five or six chefs working feverishly and whipping out all kinds of mouthwatering delicacies.

The food was good but it pretty runs along the standard “Gaijin” or Americanized version of Japanese food. They have a decent selection of Sake but they are mostly the larger sized bottles and expensive. They also have a somewhat limited list of beers. I ordered a “Yebisu”, but they were out of it so I had to settle for a Sapporo. I had about a dozen different individual pieces of sushi and they were all good.

Overall, it was good to very good but I would consider it overpriced!