“Love their sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fuki-Sushi

Fuki-Sushi
Ranked #43 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Charleston
Cambridge, MA
“Love their sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I used to go to Fuki at least once every two weeks when I lived near it, and now visit Fuki almost every time I am in Palo Alto. Always fresh, lots of choices. Their nasu dengaku is the best! If you have time to make a reservation in advance, try their tatami rooms. Nice touch for a special dinner or meeting (but I believe they have a minimum charge so please ask).

• Visited January 2012

Mountain View, CA
“Oishii desu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

It’s been a very long time since I visited Fuki Sushi. I recall that the sushi was consistently fresh & a bit pricey back then. Yesterday I decided to check out the restaurant as a lone diner for lunch. At ~12:30, I was cheerfully greeted & seated immediately at a small table in the area with the semiprivate booths. The noise level was a tad bit loud what with several tables loaded w/folks conducting business. The restaurant has been nicely updated since my last visit. Very charming, with nice Japanese style side gardens viewed through the windows. I found it welcoming & refreshing to see the waitresses dressed in kimonos. The menu is expansive, however for my (return) visit I opted for a traditional bento box lunch so that I could compare it with my favorite Japanese restaurant. Hot (delicious) green tea is served in a heavy Japanese tea pot. The downside was that the tea pot was too hot for me to touch. I compensated by using my cloth napkin to pour my tea. (They should provide a small hot pad to make it easier to handle the tea pot.) I ordered the tempura & salmon teriyaki. The portions are smaller than my favorite restaurant, but both items were delicious. The salad was a bit larger & better than my favorite restaurant. I enjoyed the bean sprouts served as a mini appetizer prior to my meal. My lunch was served in a timely manner & the service perfect. The portion worked for me - I ate everything & did not need dessert. When I bring my husband, I’ll be sure we order appetizers. Fuki Sushi is more expensive than my favorite Japanese restaurant. However, the menu & ambiance makes it better for business lunches, dates & special occasions. One thing I noted: coming from a Japanese background, I was pleased to see my waitress’ proper respect of an elderly Japanese couple dining across from me.
In my search for good Japanese food, my return to Fuki Sushi passes my critical eye. Overall, given the quality, service & ambiance, the price for my lunch was reasonable (under $17 including tip). I definitely plan to return so I can try their traditional sushi & sashimi.

• Visited January 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Always Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I heard about this restaurant from a friend of mine that works at the Japanese Consulate in San Francisco. The food is well worth the drive.

• Visited December 2011
New York
“Good sushi on El Camino Real”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

I have been going to this place for many years. Good sushi.

Visited October 2011
Miami, Florida
“great hot sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Their hot sauce isn't the typical syracha mixed with mayo. Their fish is fresh. Ambiance is great. Prices are steep but you pay for what you get. I love this place. I always order the Albacore Spicy Tuna.

• Visited June 2011