Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto
Crowne Plaza Palo Alto(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$164
Hotels.com
$519
  • Restaurant
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Pool
$449
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$109
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$140
Travelocity
Cardinal Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$149
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Clean hotel. We got a non-smoking room and I was with my mom and sister. Safe location, daily housekeeping. The owner helped us with late check-in and also received a fax on our behalf! Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Like to stay here. Very clean and quiet! I sleep during the day and get good rest at this hotel. Would recommend for anyone wanting to stay in Palo Alto and be near Stanford University or Stanford Hospital and Clinics.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Well this is one for the record books. There were five of us and we had reserved 3 rooms as we were staying in the city visiting a friend in the hospital. We arrived at 10 pm tired from a long day at the hospital. A young man at the front desk was helping a customer in front of me and having difficulty verifying his reservation. He had paid through Expedia and it took 30 minutes and several phone calls to the clerk's boss on the phone before the gentleman was finally booked in. He walked away tired and disgusted with the whole process. I sat and watched the event and was thinking of going somewhere else, but it was late and I didn't want to try to displace the group. 3 people were still at the hospital so I sat patiently and watched the disaster unfold in front of me with the Expedia customer.

Then it was my turn. The clerk greeted me kindly and apologized for the delay and said that my reservation would go much quicker. An hour later we finally were able to get all three rooms. What transpired over the next hour was amazing. The clerk could not book in all three rooms at a time and needed to book each room separately with a credit card to prepay for the room. He called his manager twice for help and seemed very confused on the process of running the credit card. After the first room was booked and I mentioned that it was taking a long time I asked if he would discount the rooms. He politely said no. 45 minutes later after he had apologized at least a dozen times I said that I went through the entire process to see if it would really end and then mentioned to him that going through that process was not pleasant and that apologizing for that type of service did not mean much. The rest of the evening was uneventful. The rest of our party arrived and I sent them on to get a meal while I waited to be checked in. We finally went to bed about midnight.

The next day I went into the front office and spoke with the regular manager who said he was called away on an emergency and that he brought in temporary help in order to leave. I said that I travelled extensively and that this was by far the worst experience I'd had in checking into a hotel. He was very apologetic and when I asked him if there was anyway to reduce the charges he offered to give a free night's stay in the future. I thanked him for the offer and gave the offer to one of the friend's that was staying over the next night. They called me later that day and said that the manager needed to verify that it was me that had given them that free offer. I got on the phone and the manager proceeded to verify my address and credit card information. Finally he admitted that it was me and that he had indeed given that offer. I apologized to my friends for putting them through that process. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Really a Guinness Book of World Records Worst stay ever!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Rooms updated & very clean. Came with microwave, mini frig, flat screen tv. Room was toward back on first level so no outside noise. Yes breakfast consisted of 2 sweet rolls, OJ & coffee but who could expect more with such a reasonable rate! Close to restaurants and grocery stores. Front desk & staff very friendly. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank californiaraiderdiva
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My 11 month old daughter suddenly required a hospital stay so we could not travel as planned. Because this happened with such little notice I missed the cancellation window and was forced to pay $154 to not stay here.

If they won't offer any help for people who have a baby in the hospital, what will they help with? Do not expect any leniency.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian D
Selby T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Upon investigating this matter, we found that your reservation was made through an online third-party travel agency. Their policy states that modifications must be completed the day before arrival. Medical emergencies are an exception with proper documentation.

Feel free to contact our staff if you have further questions. We look forward to serving you in the future!