“Best Place to stay in Palo Alto, CA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto

Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Modesto, California
“Best Place to stay in Palo Alto, CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I travel often and when I go to Palo Alto either for Medical needs, business, or even pleasure I always chose Americas Best Value Sky Ranch Inn. The service there is incredible and the Management is always willing and able to help me in any way they can. Best Customer Service EVER! I cant imagine them treating anyone rudely they are the sweetest people.
Not to mention they always have the best prices that cant be beat. I appreciate the fact that they keep the atmosphere calm and there is no inturuptions when trying to work or relax.
This location is perfect for going shopping at the Standford Mall and is very close to both San Jose and San Francisco.
The rooms are quaint and WiFi being free with the room is another definite plus. Also, I love the free parking and if I have any questions the Front Desk is always willing to help me find directions or point me out in the direction that I need to go.
DEFINITELY A PLACE I WOULD RECOMMEND and will remain my destination stay number one choice when in Palo Alto, CA.
Hope your stay is as nice as mine always is.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, I have to admit I didn't stay with the hotel. I booked and canceled after talking to their service people over the phone. It might be a good hotel, but their attitude shocked me.

I booked a room with them for the first time. I called them to verify the room because I booked it online, and asked whether I can make any change to the arrangement. I spoke with two person, and this was the rudest customer service I have ever encountered. The first person turned me down, and when I tried to confirm his answer, he transferred me to another person. She told me to talk to the website where I booked the room (which is not the way things are supposed to work out), refused to listen to my explanation, said "No. Bye." and then hung up the phone.

Happily I booked the hotel with a free cancellation policy, which I did instantly after talking to them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sophie C
abvipaloalto, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your doing so. We use your comments to further train our staff and to ensure that we exceed expectations. All our service staff has been made aware of your experience and feedback. The service you described is very uncharacteristic of our staff, and we apologize if events transpired as you described.

Please also note that certain online sites do not allow changes/cancellations and require 100% deposit at the point of reservation. Unfortunately we could not find a "Sophie C" in our reservation history to discern, but this would be a likely situation where our staff could not adjust. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss in further detail.

Thank you again for your feedback, we sincerely hope that you would allow us another chance to serve you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Palo Alto hotels

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just wanted to share my experience with this particular ABVI location in Palo Alto. Check-in's are at 3PM. As an out of towner, with flights being what they are these days, many times I've gotten there before 3PM.....They always have a smile and a room. In the event, there isn't one it's not long before they make one available. I appreciate this and value that atention to customer care. Thanks ABVI, Palo Alto!! Just saying.

Room Tip: I like the top floors for many reasons.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room at this place is ok, nothing fancy, just a place to sleep. However, when it comes to service, expect the worse from the managers. They are clearly not human, just troll that just came out from under a rock or sewage waste plants some where. My son was getting brain surgeries (two separate procedures) at Stanford. We are from Los Angeles, too far to travel between dates, so I booked a range of date 7/11 to 7/31 at this place. Man do I regret it!!

On the surgery date, they conveniently kick me out of my room so they can get a higher price booking (I found out later that there was a tennis tournament at Stanford). They are absolutely heartless to have done what they did without feeling any remorse. Basically right now, my wife and I are homeless while during my son's surgery.

The worker at this facility are nice, hard working people..I am not posting this review of their services. However, I only choice 4 letter words for the management. They are not human, heartless animals to have done what they did. I hope everybody reads this review and avoid this place like a plague. They do not deserve your patronage!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank DavidTPaloAlto_CA
abvipaloalto, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We understand that this must be a very emotional time for you. Having been a partner with the surrounding hospitals for over 15 years, we pride ourselves on providing a stress-free stay. From our investigation, it appears that you adjusted your stay upon check-in due to another housing option provided by the hospital. Thus, your stay was shortened as you requested, and the room was made available for another guest to reserve. The hospital housing dept also confirmed that you were placed elsewhere upon departure. At no time would we "kick" a hospital guest out to get a higher rate, and the hospital staff can also attest to this reputation. Moving forward however, a hospital guest may now only adjust the duration of their stay through the hospital housing dept and not our front desk. We feel this will prevent any future misunderstandings, especially during such a stressful time already. Thank you for your feedback, and we wish your son a very speedy recovery.
Los Osos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We needed a place to stay after the June 30 pro soccer game at Stanford (great game and fireworks show!). We booked at the last minute and found this relatively affordable motel located at the south end of Palo Alto, on El Camino Real. Our room was nicely furnished (including a small fridge) and the place was immaculately clean. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and well organized. Although located along a main drag, our room was quiet. I would recommend booking a room like ours, at the back of the motel away from the street, if possible. An excellent restaurant for breakfast - Hobees - was located almost next door. This made up for the only shortcoming I noted in this motel, the advertised "continental breakfast" seemed to be 2 packaged "pastries", 2 small bottles of orange juice and a coffee maker for making coffee. (The room was booked for 3.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

No frills, clean place to sleep. Had to find a hotel for an unexpected overnight last minute trip. Only hotel close to Stanford with a vacancy. Older hotel single level noisy a/c and refrigerator.

Room Tip: No Pool,or fitness center, tight small parking lot. Rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Cambria, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We were put in room 100 right next to the managers office, even though we arrived at 3 p.m. before the motel even began to fill up and requested a quiet room. We went to bed at 10p.m. But were unable to sleep until 11 p.m. because every time some one went into the managers office, there was an obnoxious alert bell that rang to alert him. We heard it, too. Loud and clear. The last one was at 11 p.m. Then the alarm clock in the room, which we hadn't touched, went off at midnight!
The last straw was the continental breakfast: 2 cellophane wrapped fat-filled cheap pastries. If you want to sleep, this is NOT the place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in Room 100, right next to the managers office!!! It is noisy and you wo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Moosekins
abvipaloalto, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your doing so. We use your comments to further train our staff and to evaluate our Inn and make necessary changes. Please note that we do discount this room for being close to office, and in a busier section of our Inn. That being said, additional measures have been incorporated to improve the noise level in this specific room. We are also sorry that you did not appreciate our complimentary in-room SvenHard pastries. Management has begun to research alternative options to better serve a wider range of our guests. Thank you again for your feedback.