“Burnt to a crisp”

Asian Box
Ranked #78 of 367 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Whatever you do DO NOT order the hot box. I am a great fan of chillies but this heat level was beyond human endurance. It was delicious but we soon lost a layer of skin in our mouths!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was looking for something different and healthy while walking around Town & Country mall in Palo Alto. Watched the people behind the counter preparing and boxing the food. It looked healthy and tasty. I loved mine a bit spicy.

I recommend sitting outside under the oak tree in late afternoon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Asian box serves a take on Vietnamese street food, and does so very well. Ou start by picking a base -- rice, noodles, or salad (what I usually do) -- add a protein (I like the curried tofu and the shrimp), pick. Vegetable version (we do wok fried, but there's also steamed), then pick "toppers," which you can do ala carte or just as for them all, and then pick a sauce (my favorite is the Asian street dust, but friends swear by the tamarind). It's fast, easy, seems to be healthy, and is good and filling without being overwhelming. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. And I've done catering for classes, where it works really well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Delicious healthy food at a great price. Love the crispy scallions and peanut sauce with the large shrimp.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Quick and healthy, just the right choice when you dont want a sandwich for lunch. I really like the caramel egg extra - worth it.