“Good value, not the newest but very clean.”
Review of Hotel Parmani

Hotel Parmani
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed September 22, 2009

This is a standard motel in that it has basic rooms and free parking. The fabric of the interiors may not be the newest but it is well kept and clean. If you need to get your head down this is a good place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 19, 2009

My mother was scheduled to have surgery at Stanford hospital. I painstakingly reviewed countless Hotels in the area for a good clean economical room. We booked two nights at this hotel through Hotels.com. During my mothers pre-op, the Doctor determined that surgery wasn't required afterall. Woo Hoo!! This left us with having to cancel our "Prepaid Non-Refundable" reservations for this hotel. We went to the hotel and pleaded our case with the desk clerk who I believe was also the owner Mr. Patel. He was EXTREMELY helpful but was unable to help us because we had booked through Hotels.com. He told us he would cancel the rooms at his end but we would have to work with Hotels.com for any refund. At first, the customer care person was a little indignant restating the NON-REFUNDABLE policy. I explained our extenuating circumstances and told him we even had a note from her doctor. He suggested I FAX the note. We found the closes Kinkos and FAX it right off. The next morning, I followed up with Hotels.com to see if there was a chance in Hell that we would get a full or even a partial refund. We where granted a FULL refund ... again, Woo Hoo!!!!!
Needless to say, our next trip to Palo Alto will be booked through Hotels.com for the Super 8 Motel. We where VERY IMPRESSED with the grounds, Mr. Patel's empathy, the cleanliness of the facility and the general location ... close to everything. Check it out!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Revisit of this hotel, looks like pool has been torn up. Room was musty and carpet got wet after storm. Staff seemed not concerned when i mentioned it. Rooms looking a little older,would benefit from a frfinishing. Breakfast small. BUT low price is attractive especially if a quick visit where you are looking for a room to sleep in and you are not picky.

• Stayed: February 2006
Reviewed January 20, 2008

Was in the Palo Alto area to visit family and stayed at the Super 8. Paid a great rate for a suite. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel, but for a place to lay your head it was pretty good. Couple things that weren't so great, it's a small hotel with not a lot of parking so arriving late at night can be fun. Also, the pool was closed which was questionable in late July.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2007

As basic lodging goes, this property is pretty good.

The rooms are clean, and they appear to have just put new beds in all of them (there are piles of older beds I saw in a garage area, and the bed in my room is definitely new).

Water pressure is pretty low. Each room has cable, a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge.

Breakfast is a typical simple Super 8 affair, which is to say coffee, juice, milk, pastry, couple cereals and fruit and not much else. Enough to get the day started.

Management is quite reasonable and helpful.

The area is pretty pricey, so Super 8 is a relative bargain if you are budget conscious like I am, and it also has a convenient location close to Stanford and mass transit.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank TriumphTR7
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Very nice clean hotel. King Size non-smoking rooms are very spacious, and there is everything right there in the room. The wireless free Internet worked perfectly and there was a big fridge and even a microwave in the room. There was bread, pastries, butter, jam, plenty of different kinds of fruit, two kinds of cereals, milk, two kinds of juice, coffee and tea for breakfast. Nice and friendly owners.

If you are not looking for a trendy place, but rather a nice place to stay, this might be a good place for you too.

Some nice restaurants nearby and – if you prefer that – a Mc Donald's.

I wouldn't say it's really "walking distance" to Stanford (I walked every day to the oval so I know that for a fact), but rent a bike some blocks down the road and you're home!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HelenaA
A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2005

My dad and I stayed at the Super 8 in Palo Alto. I thought it was a very nice place. The rooms were spacious. There was a hair dryer, refrigerator, and high speed internet. The staff was friendly and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice place at an affordable rate. I would also stay here again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member