“Second visit not as pleasant” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Parmani
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Second visit not as pleasant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed in August 2013 when it was still flagged as the Super 8 Palo Alto, and before that around September 2012. Our most recent stay found the property overall was not impeccable as our other visit. The room itself was not as clean (carpet and dusty) and the housekeeping seemed not to be up to par. They suites are roomy and convenient, with kitchenette. Yet, overall, the furniture is dated and uncomfortable to work out of the room. No comfortable chair or desk to work from on a computer. Big plusses are the location, internet connection capable of VPN, and friendly front desk service. The breakfast is just a cereal, banana and or orange, concentrate juices, tea and coffee. The prices were pricey and we expected more because of that. Our prior stay was flawless in all aspects, except the breakfast was still minimal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jabnolla
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear jabnolla,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.

We do recognize that our breakfast is not a full breakfast buffet - we offer two types of toast and cereal, pastry, apples, bananas, coffee, milk, juice, and teas. There are, however, great breakfast options nearby that I would we recommend for those seeking a more substantial breakfast to get their day started.

Please feel free to contact me directly at info@hotelparmani.com so I may directly address your concerns.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

The place is nice and the people are nicer, it's cheap, the food is poor but infront the hotel is a good restaurant baker and corner. The rooms are clean an confortable, you have in room microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear DirectorNG132,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff. I am happy that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable and we look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to Palo Alto.

GM
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My bed sheet had a very large brownish stain totally visible without even pulling the covers back. It was the first thing I noticed when I walked into my room. When I pulled the covers back I found quite a few long black hairs and also some fine black gravel on the sheet. This lead me to believe that the sheets had not been changed since the last guest occupied the room.

The lighting in the bathroom was extremely dim, which made it almost impossible to shave.

The roll of toilet paper was 3/4 used when I first walked into the room. I have never seen an almost finished roll of toilet paper in a hotel room.

A portion of the iron's ironing surface was burnt black.

One of the chairs at the table in the room had what looked to be a disgusting skid-mark on the seat.

All of these details made for a very uncomfortable stay at this hotel. They need to pay much more attention to the cleanliness and upkeep of the rooms. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Greg S
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Greg S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have spoken with housekeeping and reinforced our commitment to ensure proper attention to detail.

I went and personally inspected the room you stayed in and did not notice the burnt black stain on the ironing board, nor the marks you referred to on the chairs. However, I would be happy to hear from you directly regarding what you saw and encourage you to call or email me directly.

Though I wish these issues were brought to our attention during your stay so we could rectify the situation immediately, I welcome your feedback. Please feel free to email me directly at info@hotelparmani.com.

Again, I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and I assure you I will take the appropriate steps and discuss with housekeeping to correct the issues you experienced.

Vidor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Because of a last minute trip, I found myself in Sunnyvale for a week. The hotel near the office had a room for me every night of the week except Tuesday. I spent an hour looking for a room nearby and everyone was book for miles.

I was envisioning having to sleep in the back of my rental car when finally found a room at the Hotel Parmani in Palo Alto, several miles awa, It's a small motel and not a luxury facility, but the room had more than everything I needed, including fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and excellent Wi-Fi connectivity. And most importantly, a big ol' comfy bed. And very accommodating and friendly staff.

Thank you Hotel Parmani for saving my bacon!

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room farther back from the road to reduce traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Parmani, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found many of our complimentary in-room amenities, including free Wi-Fil and Starbucks coffee, to your liking.

We also appreciate your positive feedback on our friendly staff and look forward to serving you on a future visit to the area!

El Cajon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is located close to Stanford University, where our son is a sophomore, and is reasonably priced for what it offers. Nothing fancy, but clean and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Carolyn S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that stayed with us during your visit with your son at Stanford. As you noted, we are located in close proximity to the university.

As we transition to becoming Hotel Parmani effective October 1, 2013, we will enhance some of our in-room offerings. We look forward to serving you in the future.