“Terrible! they do not know the basics of hotel management”
Review of Hotel Parmani

Hotel Parmani
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I had to travel to Stanford during the graduation weekend. I could not find any hotel close to campus but could make a reservation with this hotel. I reached the hotel very tired and got the key just to figure out that there is another person in the room!! so they had put me in a room that already was for another person. All the hotels were full and I was quite angry, they did not make any compensation and gave me a room in another super 8 which was 30 minutes farther to campus! if it had happened in another hotel they would put you in a better hotel. It seems they do not know the basics of hotel management.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank navth
GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear guest,

I apologize for your experience at our hotel. As we explained to you upon your check-in, the previous guest was scheduled to depart that morning, and for reasons unexplained, the guest did not notify us of their intention to stay. This resulted in an overbooking situation. In your presence, a desk clerk immediately attempted to contact the guest.

Because he was unsuccessful in reaching that guest, he immediately called local area hotels to check availability, understanding that you were extremely tired from a long trip. He managed to secure a room for you 3 miles south on El Camino. Because our hotel is ultimately responsible for the mishap, we secured for you a deeply discounted rate, given that it was Stanford graduation weekend, and reimbursed the new hotel directly for the rate difference.

The desk clerk also offered to provide you transportation in the form of a taxi, and ultimately, you decided to take the bus. On my request, your new hotel discounted your room cost by the cost of transportation to the hotel and I reimbursed the hotel directly for that cost.

We regret that you were put in this position during a busy weekend and certainly apologize for your experience. Nevertheless, I feel confident that we went to great lengths to correct a terrible situation.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at the super 8 a week ago, and i must say it was a great place for me and my friends, not only is it a good location, but the staff is excellent! They made sure our stay was comfortable. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LingChong
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Well we booked with hotwire.com....2 adults one child....showed up to get one queen bed. First time this has happened with hotwire. Basically we were "upselled" to either a two doubles or a cot. We fought and got a cot for free after 15 minutes with the front desk and a call to Dehli to the manager. The room was ok, but the experience from the start was far from inviting. The breakfast area is about 2 foot by 2 foot with two chairs, hilarious at best. McDonalds is close but there goes another $10 for breakfast. Best to look elsewhere in my humble opinion. I noted my situation with hotwire......

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MTcaribtraveller
GM_Super8PA, General Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Dear guest,

I apologize about your experience. We explained to you that though you reserved a room for 3 people, Hotwire sent the reservation through as a room with one bed. It is nearly impossible for 2 adults and a 17-year old "child" to be accommodated in a room with one bed. Though our property was not the source of the issue, we gladly accommodated your request of a free rollaway bed. There was no attempt to "upsell". We simply presented you with the room Hotwire reserved on your behalf. Irrespective of your repeated threats to smear our property online, we gladly accommodated your request.

Further, your statements regarding a manager in Delhi are ignorant and inflammatory. The unfortunate part is that your statement has absolutely no basis in fact, bringing into question your feelings towards the nationality of management. I received and took the call from my front desk-clerk from the property. It would seem to me that the manager's nationality is irrelevant to our resolution of your issue.

We take our roles at the property seriously and work hard to accommodate our guests and will continue to do so in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

Grim. Very grim. Though clean, the room was a dismal place: dafrk and depressing with not a single feature to cheer things up. There were no bedside lamps and the wasb basin was housed in an alcove separate from the lavatory. (Why is this thought a good arrangement?)
I've stayed in other places in California that were twice as good at half the price. The hotel looks like a barracks from the outside and it isn't much better indoors.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chandos7
GM_Super8PA, Manager at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Dear guest,

I am sorry that your stay was anything less than satisfying.

We recently underwent an extensive renovation project to upgrade all of the lighting in the guest rooms. As part of the renovation, we installed recess-lighting to increase the overall lighting in all guestrooms. The lighting was also installed right above the end tables near the beds to substitute for table lamps.

However, given your review, we may need to re-evaluate whether the lamps should be removed from the guest rooms. Further, we are undergoing room renovations in the near future to update the look and feel of the guest rooms.

We sincerely hope to make a different impression on your next visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed there twice before and had one annoying noise problem, which I sucked up. The location near medical office and the large clean standard room and amenities at $88per night. incl tax was ok. My purpose was travel for medical tests and restful sleep. Being in walking distance to good fish restaurant, the Fish Market was a plus. I planned to stay two nights but when i came back to the room at 3:30pm the 2d day I found the parking lot ready for a large party. They could have warned me when I checked in but did not. The manager proudly told me he was using the space for his own wedding. I told him I needed peace and quiet and asked him to permit me to leave without paying the late stay fee and he agreed. I asked for time to rest, and he gave me 15 minutes to pack and go. Like work was a rude interruption to his social plans. Want professional treatment? Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BarbPG_10
GM_Super8PA, Owner at Hotel Parmani, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay. I incorrectly believed that I clearly communicated to our front desk staff to let all arriving guests know during that week that there would be a large wedding group staying at the hotel so that guests were aware of the wedding group.

I sincerely apologize this was not communicated to you upon your check-in and take complete responsibility. I can assure you that this situation will not occur in the future as we will take more proactive steps when hosting larger groups.

We ask and hope that you give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to friendly hospitality in the future!

- Owner

Reviewed December 18, 2009

The motel hosts were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is very light (coffee, cereals, bananas and some party), so be prepared to supplement it by something more substantial.
The rooms were very clean and in decent condition (furniture, bathroom). Bath amenities were somewhat scarce, make sure to bring shampoo and the rest.
Wi-Fi worked reasonably well and is free of charge. The motel is located on El Camino Road and is thus very accessible, on the other hand, there was some noise from the passing vehicles, but nothing substantial.
It's an good place to stay if you need to travel over the Valley and don't want to mess with vacation rentals.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

My colleague stayed here in the beginning of November. A guy at the front desk was so careless and lazy.
First, he gave my colleague a key of the wrong room, where somebody else already stayed. He said he was supposed to give another room, but pressed wrong keys.
O.K. Anybody makes mistakes. However, for security reason, I don't think it's O.K. to give a wrong key at the hotel. Who's going to take a responsibility, when something happens?
The next problem is, this guy charged the room cost to my credit card, which I gave just for reservation purposes. We called them many times, but they never agreed to fixed it.
The overall experience is too terrible, and I won't let anybody stay in any Super 8 any more.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business