“Could be better”
Review of The Melt Stanford

The Melt Stanford
Ranked #125 of 367 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Reviewed July 27, 2014

As one who loves grilled cheese sandwiches I was looking forward to trying this restaurant. I ordered the sandwich with mushrooms, grilled onions, and gruyere. It was ok but not great. I had hoped for more flavor. For the price I feel the sandwiches could have more wow factor.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've eaten in this small restaurant in Palo Alto's Stanford Shopping Center several times. Good location near to a Stanford University collegewear shop and a See's Candies. Nice outdoor seating.

As far as the menu, it's basic...several different varieties of grilled cheese (including some with bacon) and a few soup choices. I went with the basic grilled cheese + tomato/basil soup combo.

Good, but not particularly filling. The soup was hot and included croutons.

Likely will not eat there again, since grilled cheese/tomato soup is easily prepared at home. But it's OK for a quick, warm meal. A bit pricey.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Sandwiches ok, corn soup horrible. If you took a can of corn and blended it with a taco chip, added a few seasonings (very little)....vile!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food is good. But a 10.00 Philly sandwich had very little meat. Outside of a family of four spending over 80.00 for grilled cheese and two of us were kids 7 and 8, cool place. Even my size 4 wife went back to reorder, because she was still hungry.

1  Thank Txdelphia
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Brought me back to my mom making me grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup... I had a grilled cheese and added jalapeño, and a cup of tomato basil soup. Excellent!

1  Thank ArizonaN8