“Unique, fast, and delicious”
Review of Tava Kitchen - CLOSED

Tava Kitchen
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A guilty favorite of mine is Chipotle burritos... this place is like the Indian food version. Quirky, unique "burrotis" fuse the best of Mexican style fast food with health(ier), organic, Indian-inspired fave flavors. It will make any purist cringe, but for me it totally hits the spot and makes the perfect dinner for the Caltrain ride home on a late night. I love this place.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Good fast service. Nice choice of toppings and sauces. A rice bowl was more than enough for me and my wife. The vegetarian selection is good. The drink portions are large. Basically, a meal for 2 with drinks is $10 - a good deal. The food itself was great. We had the vegetarian rice bowl & put every vegetarian topping on. The hottest sauce was spicy but tolerable, but the hot green peppers were too hot for me. They have a good selection of sauces that are milder.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The best thing about this place is the SUPER fresh naan roti wraps. They take a cute little ball of dough and smush it in a big hot plate (think Chipotle style). You then choose your fillings and they wrap it up. The wrap is delicious and a little chewy. We love this place.

1  Thank Dev B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was seriously disappointed by Tava Indian Kitchen. The concept - Indian cuisine served burrito style sounded good. However, the execution was terrible. First - the wrap. Even though it was freshly made, it was not as good as either naan or a tortilla. We tried both chicken and lamb burrotis - actually two variations on the chicken burroti. The fillings were surprisingly flavorless with the exception of the lamb. The lamb was strong and seriously gamey. I normally love lamb, but now I understand why some people hate it and will never touch it. If that lamb was the first lamb I'd ever had I'd never eat lamb again either. It was truly revolting. The food is not healthy enough to warrant the taste. And if you're looking for taste you'll do much better at a a real Indian place or at a real burrito place.

1  Thank 2teens
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

It is more like an indian burrito place where you will get indian stuffings in your burrito/bowl. Quite a new experience. Good service. Worth a try.
P.S: Their most spicy sauce is indeed extremely spicy. And to give you a context I do not find the hot sauces at chipotle or moes spicy at all!

1  Thank kunal03