The Zen Hotel
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
$279
  • Breakfast included
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$173
$295
Westin.com
  • Pool
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$249
$195
Dinahs Garden
$499
  • Restaurant
$110
$99
Hotels.com
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$169
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$129
$549
  • Restaurant
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$140
Travelocity
All reviewsoatmeall'occitane toiletriesfree snacksfreshly baked cookiesel caminoconverted motelhot breakfastlittle toucheswater bottlestoilet and showergreat showerstay there againparking lotopened the doorevery morningqueen bedmountain view
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed the hotel many times. First time, In 2010 for my engagment in Bay area. From website, it's just a Motel style. But inside decoration is really nice and warm. The facilities are very new.

Have to say, I lived in different quality hotels in the world, including bay area and San Francisco. Though ZEN is not 5 star hotel, but their service has highest quality. I had to cancel my hotel booking for my pregancy. The GM is so kind and help me to do that, though the online booking can not be refunded. They returned the money to me. Is it a favorable offering?

I feel warm and defenitely ZEN is my first prority choice when i visit bay area.

I visited Palo Alto in Oct. 2012. We choose ZEN AGAIN. So amazing for the staffs and General manager. They offered great service and support to my husband and I. We stayed here for almost 3 months - even we knew the apartnment price is much cheaper than the hotel- But we reallly love this place.

I will check out tomorrow for my C-section. Thanks for all help from The ZEN. Defenitely the days i spent with them are memoryable. Of course, I made real valueable choices for my BIG DAYS.

Best luck for the business.

Lu ZHANG

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ricberr, General Manager at The Zen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Lu,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at The Zen Hotel with the Tripadvisor community.

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest. Every single one of our staff members got an opportunity to know you in the time that you stayed with us. It is with mixed feelings to see you depart after 3 months, but we know it is time for you to welcome your newborn.

On behalf of all The Zen team, we wish you the best and look forward to keeping in touch in the future.

Best regards and congratulations!

Ricardo.

Ricardo Berrospi
THE ZEN HOTEL

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It's difficult sometimes finding a place for us and our two 20-something children and this was perfect! We had a suite with two beds in one room and one in the other with a living room where we could hang out and play games with a mini-kitchen. Yes, it's a converted motel, but very nicely done and everyone on the staff was as nice as could be. Not to mention the hot breakfast -- a vast improvement over the cereal and stale muffins we often encounter. The beds were a bit soft for my husband's bad back, but otherwise it was terrific. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This place exceeded our expectations for price, service and QUALITY! We initially had reservations made for us at the days inn down the road-we were in town for a funeral and all the extended family wanted to stay at the same place. After reading really nasty reviews on tripadvisor, we wisely asked to see the rooms before we checked in (there were 3 rooms for us, a small portion of the number of people coming. We were just the first to arrive).
The Days Inn was completely unacceptable. So we came to check out Zen. I really can't say enough about this hotel, I'd probably just live there if I could. Nicely modern, updated rooms, but comfy modern not like steel furniture or anything. My queen room was a fairly good size and had a desk and armchair with an ottoman. So we called the rest of the family and had them switch to Zen as well. The chair was so great my grandmother actually asked if they knew where she could purchase one. The breakfasts were simple but fantastic. They had eggs(REAL, not powdered!) some kind of meat aka bacon/sausage and some kind of potatoes everyday. Also very tasty oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, several bread choices, and the muffins...words cannot describe the muffins. We stayed 4 nights and I was truly sad to go. I wil definitely be coming back next time I'm in the area. The rest of our family said the same. Whether its just an overnight stay or a few days time, Zen is worth every single penny.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband had business meetings in Palo Alto on November 13 and 14 and we chose the Zen Hotel for our stay. I may have had unrealistic expectations from the hotel's Web site's pictures, and was somewhat disappointed when we arrived at what was basically a motel fitted with boutique hotel furniture. But I was completely won over by the end of our three-night stay.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and although the breakfast was served in a small area that was once the motel office, it was really quite pleasant. The breakfast was varied and wholesome and freshly-baked cookies and apples were offered the rest of the day. There really is a nice feeling to the hotel, and the free breakfast, beverages and snacks, together with the convenient, free parking, add up to a very good value for the area, especially compared to the expensive high-end chains in the Palo Alto area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank EllenMD
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If the word "hotel" brings to mind a multi-story structure with a spacious lobby, with a coffee shop and bar near the reception desk, think again. The Zen Hotel is a remodeled motel. Nicely remodeled, with clean, attractive rooms, but nothing more. The staff is friendly, the location is convenient. A hot breakfast buffet is included in the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple