The Zen Hotel
$499
  • Restaurant
$115
$110
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$249
$212
Dinahs Garden
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$217
$295
Westin.com
  • Pool
$549
  • Restaurant
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$169
Travelocity
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$129
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$144
$140
All reviewsoatmeall'occitane toiletriesfree snacksfreshly baked cookiesel caminoconverted motelhot breakfastlittle toucheswater bottlestoilet and showergreat showerstay there againparking lotopened the doorevery morningqueen bedmountain view
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Bed was comfortable and room was clean. They are pretty particular about check out time just FYI but they gave us a 30 minute grace period so that was nice. I used the fitness center it had a decent stair master, treadmill, and weight machine which is nice. It's across from a Walgreens which is convenient. The zen theme is cool.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am very happy with my week at The Zen Hotel. It is a renovated/reconverted motel decorated in Asian style. Like in any good motel, I had a fridge, microwave oven and coffee machine. Free bottle water.

The rooms are simple, but nicely decorated and very, very clean. Comfortable bed, good work desk and enough storage place.

Good free breakfast with a small but sufficient warm and cold selection. Good coffee available all day.

Staff was very friendly and efficient.

It is a little far away from downtown Palo Alto if you are walking, but quite central to the Valley if driving.

I will certainly come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Well, I admit this hotel was really Zen. When we checked in at night it looked like a regular motel, but in the morning the Japanese influences on the design was more apparent. We liked the little yard in the back, with little fountains and rocks and Japanese plants. The girls liked the two Zen pictures on the wall (a rock surrounded by circles of sand, and a waterfall), and I also liked all the little design touches. The only thing we didn't like (which other reviewers have mentioned as well, so it's not just us being clumsy) were the wooden bed frames which were larger than the matress, and we kept bumping into them (I guess that's Japanese too? Never been to Japan...). Other than that this hotel was surprisingly nice and our one night stay was surprisingly pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank N G
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was truly an honor that we stayed here, because our friend had an extra room that she didn't want to cancel. Our friend chose this so we can be in the middle of San Francisco and Sunnyvale. Breakfast and room was nice, but our stay became awesome for its cleanliness and front desk staff. Dennis R. really accommodated us and converse with us as if we were long time friends. Recommend this stay to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marky m
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked it for a 5-night group business trip because it was half the price of downtown Palo Alto hotels and was so inexpensive that we could justify each having own room. Had no idea how delightful it would be. Room smallish but tasteful and comfortable. Free wifi works great. Coffee maker in room has bean grinder and they provide beans. Best pillows I have ever slept on. Delish hot breakfast buffet complimentary. So are yummy cookies in late afternoon. There are apples for the taking at the main desk and coffee and tea available in tranquil lobby. Zen like touches like little fountains where water trickles down rocks and little bamboo plants in the room and lobby. They left a lovely little food present on each of our beds one day with a thank you for our business. I love this place! I

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ricberr, General Manager at The Zen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for giving us a five out of five. Our staff members are so hyped to see your feedback! This means we are doing something right and it is an amazing incentive to keep on the same path.

I am glad your group was able to access one of our promotional rates based on the length of your stay. We are proud to say that we always quote the best available deal for your stay pattern from the beginning; as we believe that this transparency is a best practice that benefits our guests and our business.

I hope you enjoyed the little treat we left in for you and the rest of your group; a small thank you for allowing us to have you as our guest.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Ricardo Berrospi