“Reasonable Food at Reasonable Price”
Review of Amber Dhara

Amber Dhara
Ranked #145 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: High Street
Transit: We are located one block east of the Caltrain statin and local bus depot.
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Amber Dhara's menu is nowhere close to the exotic menu that Junoon used to have. The waiter encouraged us to have the thalis, so we tried one non-veg and one veg thali. The fish curry was good, the rest were ok. We were disappointed to get two quarter pieces only of naan, and had to order a garlic naan to supplement. The mango lassi was ok.

We recommend this as a reasonably priced way to be exposed to Indian cuisine, but not for gourmet Indian cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Amber Dhara

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I like the location. It was very close to Cal Station and Sheraton. The service and ambiance was suitable for a fine dinning restaurant. I like the menu as well. Indian food with twist. Nan sprinkled with Cheese, chili, cashew and saunf was a nice. Most of the people were trying Thali as it gives good taste of their menu. There was a problem with Samosa as it was very oily. We returned the dish. They did not charge us for it. Overall I am happy, I visited them.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've gone to Indian restaurants for 45 years. I love them for the flavors and the great value. This is a yuppie Indian restaurant that charges way too much and just doesn't deliver on the flavorful, saucy Indian restaurant experience. I recommend skipping it.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We were surprised by this new Indian restuaurant, related we believe to Amber in Mountain View.
We had dined several times with colleagues for working dinners at the previous Indian restaurant and it took itself much too seriously for what it offered.
This was a wonderful surprise, not pricey, for 12.95 we had an amazing buffet, with a fresh salad, often rare in Indian buffets and all kinds of good vegetables that are not classics at all. I really liked the plantain. There were even several desserts to choose from.
The highlight for me was the extra mango lassi I ordered, in fact it is a mango-cardamone lassi and it was really great.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My spouse and I had a great dinner at Junnoon last Friday night. The food was authentic but creative (which is the way you get it in Mumbai or Delhi now). I had a dish with a South Indian/Goanese influence and my wife went north. Both were delicious. The service was great. The wine list could use some help; after a week with the head chef of the Oberoi chain, I know that there are great Rieslings and Sauvignon Blancs that can be served with Indian food. Great place and worth a visit.