“EXCELLENT...even if your not a big hummus fan”
Review of Oren's Hummus Shop

Oren's Hummus Shop
Ranked #5 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been here several times. The food is excellent. I am okay with hummus...but at Oren's I really really enjoy the hummus. The food quality is fantastic. Lots of options.

Fairly small footprint...so the tables are a bit tight....you may be shoulder to shoulder with others. But the food is worth it and you won't notice.

They are very popular, and their can be a wait. So I'd suggest you show up off the peak dining hours.

Enjoy

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've been here about 4 times in the past year. Today's visit was not memorable -- we had to wait 45 mins for a table which I am Ok with. Once seated no one came to take our order for another 20mins; people seated after us had their orders taken and food delivered whereas it took another 30 mins from ordering for the food to start appearing and that too after we had to ask multiple times. No complaints about the quality of the food and it's consistently great. They need to fix process efficiencies as there were about 14 waiters and only two people were running around and taking orders and serving food. If you have 3 hours to kill a must visit place.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were in Palo Alto today on an errand, and wanted to grab a late lunch. After consulting with Yelp, we went to Oren's Hummus. Wow, great choice! Best falafel we've ever had. Best hummus and babaganoush we've ever had! Best tabouleh we've ever had. And we also had a new dish--Romainian eggplant. It was also outstanding!

All of the dishes tasted very light and healthy, and seemed to have very little oil. The pita was fresh, and the service was outstanding!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hummus is very, very good! The best way I can describe their hummus compared to other hummus is like comparing fresh salsa to bottled salsa. Their red and green hot sauces are heavenly. Don't be deceived by the color. The sides are great too, but their grill entrees are mediocre.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

3 is not to say that it was bad - not at all. It was what I expected, nothing spectacular but nothing bad. I'd still recommend trying this place out.