“Creative, healthy cuisine that comes to you.”

LYFE Kitchen, Palo Alto
Ranked #67 of 367 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The folks at Lyfe Kitchen seem to have combined two concepts that don't usually mix well: delivery and great tasting, healthy food. These people take catering or just plain delivery of creative soups, salads, entrees and appetizers seriously. Items show up on time, with all the necessary spoons, forks and containers (Eco-friendly, recyclable boxes and utensils).

The food actually tastes great and ingredients range from the predictable Kale salad and squash soup to the sublime (some pretty great sandwich and appetizer combos).

I recommend them for office lunches, creative picnics and catering events. Prices are reasonable for the area, though not the cheapest in town -- they offer a solid service with a well planned menu.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We were looking for something new for lunch. We tried out Lyfe kitchen on a Saturday lunch time.

The menu is quite diverse, and I was actually excited with their soup menu. They had some marketing in the entry way for their corn chowder, so I tried that along with a salad.

I also helped my daughters finish their lunches. Don't remember what they had.

That probably is what sums it up for me.....wasn't remarkable. The corn chowder I was looking forward to....was blahhhh. Nothing special. I found it bland.

I liked a few features they had, such as their house water that you could walk up and get etc..

One thing I do remember....for what we got, it was pricey.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a great place for healthy and delicious food.
That's not an easy combination for most restaurants.
But the owners have made it clear that is their goal.

I personally like the Eggplant Parmigiana and Shrimp Risotto.
The Cranberry Pomegranate cooler is a great fruity drink.

The decor is simple, clean, and modern.

As other reviews may have noted, you order your food first from a cash register (as if ordering from a McDonald's).

I hope this place stays around for a long time.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is an interesting new place in Palo Alto with a bright, breezy, contemporary feel. I had breakfast with a group of friends, and dinner with another group of friends. The food is tasty and well-prepared, and meets expectations for a fresh, healthy meal. I had the eggplant parmisan and found it outstanding - it's prepared in a unique way, with separate tasty stacks of eggplant slices, cheese, etc. that are baked to a wonderful crispness on the outside, light and tender on the inside. Know that this is a place where you order at the counter and the food comes to your table, so pretty informal. The service is a bit uneven; we found servers making missteps and confused about who ordered what (and which table ordered what); the pager thingies you place on your table seem like technology searching for a need. I'm hopeful that this is just the pains of a new restaurant and that the service will settle into a more comfortable groove, because the food itself is really great here.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I ate at Lyfe Kitchen three times during the course of a two week business trip to Silicon Valley. Lyfe Kitchen is situated in downton Palo Alto on Hamilton Avenue on the block between High and Emerson Streets. Albeit a short menu, the food is fresh, healthful and tasty. Service is friendly and attentive and the restaurant is laid-back sophisticated. This is the best of a couple of "upscale" healthy eating oriented restaurants in the area. Great for a meal with family or friends, but not for a "business" meal. Fresh made "coolers" along with beer and wine are available. Vegan, dairy, fish and chicken items are served. There is no beef on the menu. Everything I tried was delicious. Your stomach and your wallet will thank you. $-$$.