The rooms are very large and the property is conveniently located to Stanford. Those are the positives.
The negatives: The rooms are noisy: guests can hear everything from rooms above - running water, flushes, conversations. The room had a strange, chemical smell. Organic cleansers? Don't think so.There is no manager on site - if you have any issue, you have to send a message to an administrative address. And that won't be answered. Ever.
There is a baby grand piano that constantly plays in the garage. By itself. Surrounded by plants and empty chairs. Very creepy.
For the odd, poorly managed place that it is, the Inn is quite overpriced. Stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the street from the Stanford campus, you'll find the Stanford Terrace Inn, an oasis of unexpected elegance. In the midst of Silicon Valley, you'll discover a tradition of old world hospitality. Here, Tuscan murals adorn the walls, evoking a timeless sense of luxury. Our secluded garden setting and sun-drenched patio makes it easy to unwind. Or perhaps relieve the stresses of the day in our heated pool. Inside your over-sized guest room, you'll find all the modern conveniences. Complimentary cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and a desk large enough to get some real work done. All at a price that's pleasantly surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Otel, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Stanford Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Terrace Hotel Palo Alto
- Stanford Terrace Palo Alto