The reviews for the Stanford Inn were good and the location seemed close to Stanford, so my son and I booked it for a recent visit to the area. Our ground floor room had a terrible moldy smell and was worn beyond what is acceptable. I didn't want to take off my shoes and knew I would not be staying the night when I was told no other rooms were available.
While the Inn is near the back area of Stanford, the back end of Stanford is far away from the visitors center. Don't be fooled as I was. It is definitely not walking distance to the downtown area with all of the shops and stores.
Visiting Palo Alto is tough because there are expensive hotels or slightly (very) run down inns and motels which still charge over $200 a night....in my opinion the extra money for the clean and modern hotel is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the street from the Stanford campus, you'll find the Stanford Terrace Inn, an oasis of unexpected elegance. In the midst of Silicon Valley, you'll discover a tradition of old world hospitality. Here, Tuscan murals adorn the walls, evoking a timeless sense of luxury. Our secluded garden setting and sun-drenched patio makes it easy to unwind. Or perhaps relieve the stresses of the day in our heated pool. Inside your over-sized guest room, you'll find all the modern conveniences. Complimentary cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and a desk large enough to get some real work done. All at a price that's pleasantly surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Stanford Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Terrace Hotel Palo Alto
- Stanford Terrace Palo Alto