All reviews heavenly bed stanford university separate tub walking distance self parking room service front desk staff close to downtown small pool restaurants and shops silicon valley the room was nice internet connection location is great rooms are large el camino soleil
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This would be your normal soulless, cramped four star hotel were it not for a unique design that must have been inspired by the Riddler: the hallways are literally destined as a maze, making it quite a challenge to find the elevators. Oh, the hotel also hosts noisy late night parties in the function rooms, providing free music to the bedrooms whether you like it or not.
The beds are nice but the room wet aid in was relatively small with a window that looked out at a window of another room. Surprising Palo Alto is not exactly a cramped city.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Chaim E.,
Thank you for your feedback via TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than stellar and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss and attempt to make amends. Please reach out to me directly if that is of interest. Otherwise, we do hope that you will give us another try if returning to Palo Alto to see what you experienced is not the norm for our hotel.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stay here on business regularly and always get a great welcome. The rooms are spacious and it's a nice location right across the street from the mall and a short walk to the parade of independent shops and the lovely bakery. The breakfast buffet at hotel s great with a chef to cook eggs etc. great fresh juice and good service. Outdoor pool is lovely if weather warm enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Clevis-Crew,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoy our property regularly. Your review is evidence that business trips to Palo Alto and specifically the Westin In Palo Alto, do not have to be all work!
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a the perfect location when you're on a business trip in Palo Alto.It offers good value for the money. The area is very quiet and you will feel very relaxed. The customer service is excellent. The restaurant is serving excellent meals.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Carl F.,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We're pleased that you found the hotel quiet, relaxing, offering the perfect location, great service and restaurant.
We hope to have you as a guest again soon.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer hotel that is clean, quiet, perfectly located, and has good service.
We had a suite and a king room on the fifth floor facing the street and both rooms were quiet. The service in the restaurant was great and the check in staff were gracious and helpful as well. The hotel is ideally located close to downtown, the train station, and numerous restaurants.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Elisa E.,
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed so many facets of our property. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again,

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It's right across the street from the Stanford campus and 5-10 minutes from the restaurants and shops on University Avenue. But the Westin is an expensive hotel so the service and accommodations should measure up to that standard and they don't. I got a nice welcome from the front desk staff when I arrived. My room wasn't ready so they offered to move my bag and coat to the room when it was. When I got back to the hotel later in the day, I found that I was given a ground floor room and asked to be put on another floor. I went to the originally assigned room to get my things (the staff did not offer to do this) and there was no sign on my bag or coat. A staff member searched for quite a while before they located my things and eventually put them in my room. No apology for the inconvenience (I was delayed in getting to a dinner meeting as a result of the mixup) - an apathetic attitude all around.

The property is nothing special, the rooms are comfortable, the location is good and the service is uneven. At this price point, I will stay somewhere else the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel fronts a very busy 4 lane road so ask for a room towards the back of the property
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TrishaMD

Dear TrishMD,
Thank you for your feedback, I was sorry to hear the same through my management team. I am sorry for this experience and wanted to let you know that we have addressed it with our team to ensure that it does not reoccur. I hope that you will give us another try, what you experienced is not at all typical of our hotel.
Best Regards,