All reviewsheavenly bedstanford universityseparate tubwalking distanceself parkingroom servicefront desk staffclose to downtownsmall poolrestaurants and shopssilicon valleythe room was niceinternet connectionrooms are largeel caminosoleilmaze
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a the perfect location when you're on a business trip in Palo Alto.It offers good value for the money. The area is very quiet and you will feel very relaxed. The customer service is excellent. The restaurant is serving excellent meals.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Carl F.,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We're pleased that you found the hotel quiet, relaxing, offering the perfect location, great service and restaurant.
We hope to have you as a guest again soon.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer hotel that is clean, quiet, perfectly located, and has good service.
We had a suite and a king room on the fifth floor facing the street and both rooms were quiet. The service in the restaurant was great and the check in staff were gracious and helpful as well. The hotel is ideally located close to downtown, the train station, and numerous restaurants.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Elisa E.,
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed so many facets of our property. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again,

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It's right across the street from the Stanford campus and 5-10 minutes from the restaurants and shops on University Avenue. But the Westin is an expensive hotel so the service and accommodations should measure up to that standard and they don't. I got a nice welcome from the front desk staff when I arrived. My room wasn't ready so they offered to move my bag and coat to the room when it was. When I got back to the hotel later in the day, I found that I was given a ground floor room and asked to be put on another floor. I went to the originally assigned room to get my things (the staff did not offer to do this) and there was no sign on my bag or coat. A staff member searched for quite a while before they located my things and eventually put them in my room. No apology for the inconvenience (I was delayed in getting to a dinner meeting as a result of the mixup) - an apathetic attitude all around.

The property is nothing special, the rooms are comfortable, the location is good and the service is uneven. At this price point, I will stay somewhere else the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel fronts a very busy 4 lane road so ask for a room towards the back of the property
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TrishaMD

Dear TrishMD,
Thank you for your feedback, I was sorry to hear the same through my management team. I am sorry for this experience and wanted to let you know that we have addressed it with our team to ensure that it does not reoccur. I hope that you will give us another try, what you experienced is not at all typical of our hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service. I had difficulty connecting to the internet the first night. The manager Caroline went above and beyond to remedy the situation. She upgraded me to a suite and did not charge me any wifi fees. Everyone behind the desk was super accommodating! On top of all this, the rooms were very clean and spacious!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank KelleyByrnes
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The Westin is by far our favorite place to stay while visiting Silicon Valley. The customer service here is spectacular. The lady who checked us in this evening was Roxan. The minute she knew we had two little kids with us, she quickly put together a care package for both of them. Of course, they were delighted! And when the kids are happy the parents are happy.

The Westin Palo Alto staff know how to take care of guests. We will keep coming back here over and over again.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank RPI-Alum
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear RPI-Alum,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and compliments about our staff. I will definitely share it them. We hope to continue to serve you again on your visits to Palo Alto.

Best regards,