All reviewsheavenly bedstanford universityseparate tubwalking distanceself parkingroom servicefront desk staffclose to downtownsmall poolrestaurants and shopssilicon valleythe room was niceinternet connectionrooms are largeel caminosoleilmaze
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I needed to go to Stanford and I looked at various hotels in the area on Tripadvisor.com. The Westin was a little pricey but I ultimately choose it. What a great decision. My family and I pulled up to the front and we were promptly greeted by staff.

At the front desk was a nice guy named Junias? He spoke with an accent. He is a superstar who I would hire. If my prior reviews stand for something, it is that I expect employees in the service industry to be hospitable and provide great customer service and if not, my review will provide for a low rating. In this case, he went out of his way to be of service, answer questions, and make us comfortable. Westin management better keep an eye on him and how he treats guests. It is a great example of customer service.

The front lobby is beautiful and clean.

Parking is expensive and is a big minus in my book considering the high price of the rooms.

We asked for a quiet room as we had to sleep well and get up early to go to Stanford. We were provided a room which was away from noise and we had a great nights sleep. Only at one point did someone wake us up being loud in the hall.

The beds were very comfortable but, not the best I have every been in. However, the pillows were the best I have ever slept on. I woke up feeling like a million bucks. As always, when traveling with children, it is great when the beds can be rolled so that they can be moved against the wall to ensure small children do not roll off the bed.

The bathroom was large and there was a safe and refrigerator in the room. The shower had multiple heads with great water pressure and a separate bath. the bath was well stocked with supplies. Security seemed fine and they have a nice restaurant.

Our room had a lovely view of the courtyard.

I usually can find something bad about a hotel. The only thing I found that was lacking in the well cleaned room was the confusing and long walk from the elevator but, we had requested a quiet room so that is probably why we were so far away.

The location is good with shopping and food right down the street and is near Stanford.

Air conditioner had multiple settings which allowed us to set the room just right.

If you do not want a newspaper, just say so at the front desk when you check in.
I expect we will again stay at this hotel as the service and rooms were exceptional and I hope our next stay is just as good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Tripnexus,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of our property with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to read your compliments of Junius. He is a great asset to our team. I'm happy to hear that you liked your room and found the bathroom spacious. We look forward to serving you again the next time you return to visit Stanford.

Best,

Tanya F

Reviewed November 8, 2013

this hotel is a good business hotel at the hart of the silicon vally
it is always clean and comfortable with very good restaurant for breakfast with great service (i did not have other meals there)
i am an SPG member and if you do not stress that at check in you do not get the room you reserved and the treatment you deserve as a loyal customer in this hotel especially if you check in late at night.
prices lately have become very expensive.
wifi is chargeable here where in many hotels of this level it is free

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I come here often for business travel - I prefer this SPG property as opposed to their sister property next door the Sheraton.

Overall the rooms are good and the service is great.

Location is perfect as well: its walking distance to Stanford Univ and to University Ave.

Front desk attendant Rubina is the best - very courteous and always go above and beyond to help out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were all very happy with every aspect of our stay here. The service, location, quality and staff were top notch. We had a large group of rooms for a wedding with people traveling from around the globe. Everyone commented about how happy they were with the hotel and location. the Westin accommodated all our needs. We could not have been more pleased.

Room Tip: Grace Wang coordinated the rooms for a large wedding group and was excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for just one night. We had a suite with a fireplace. The room was nice, though the furniture was getting tired. Especially the sofa. May be time for a little updating for the rooms and parts of the property.
Every employee we encountered gave us excellent service.
We were able to use the jacuzzi in the morning while we had our coffee.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the second floor with fireplace and a little work table in the entry. The view was a parking lot though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple