“Nice stay”

The Westin Palo Alto
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
“Nice stay”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed recently with my three kids for a week in Palo Alto, while visiting my mom. The hotel was terrifically central to town and country (a large upscale strip mall if you will, with trader joes, some cafes, restaurants, cvs and shops). The westin is right across from Stanford and boarders downtown palo alto. The room was large and clean and the bathroom really sizable with both a full tub and shower. Our room overlooked the swimming pool which was on the smaller side but heated and well maintained with a hot tub. The front desk was so friendly and the stay was easy and without fuss. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Piezer,
I am pleased to hear that you and your children had an enjoyable stay and appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again the next time you visit your mother. Warmest Regards,
Tanya Fleming

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
southern california
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed at this place before and it still lives up to its Westin name. I arrived before noon and my room was ready. The great Westin "heavenly bed" lived up to its name - I was reading my laptop in bed in the evening and I could not keep my eyes open past 9pm so I had a great 8 hours sleep with plenty of time to spare in the morning for the "Westin workout". The restaurant is a bit "high brow" for my taste but the food is good and there are plenty of options nearby in Palo Alto. I self-parked in the garage under hotel it is very easy I recommend the self-park over the valet park. I asked for a quiet room and was put on the 5th floor away from the busy street. Everything was great I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you want one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear businesstraveller2,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great night's sleep and were able to enjoy our Westin Workout. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have further input about the restaurant, we are always looking for ways to improve. My email is tfleming@pahotel.com. I'm glad that you enjoyed the food however.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon,
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very friendly staff, clean room with excellent lighting in the bathroom! The rooms feel large as all rooms have 12 foot ceilings, the beds are very comfortable and the location can't be beat. Wonderful seafood restaurant next door and the upscale mall is a short walk away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear travelbuggers5,
Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor, we are so pleased that you enjoyed all facets of your stay and Scott's Seafood Restaurant nearby. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again.
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Located right across from Stanford University and within walking distance of parks as well as the shopping mall. Hotel is a typical Westin with neat and clean rooms as well as great service. Onsite restaurant had a good Sunday brunch. Rates vary depending on season and what is going on in the area. On quiet weekends the rates are excellent and there are promotional offers - be sure to check for them.

Room Tip: Facing the backside. Hotel faces the road and so if you want quiet ask for the other side.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Wings_Wheels,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I am pleased that our rooms, Sunday brunch, service levels and rates appealed to you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights at the Westin Palo Alto and I really enjoyed it. The rooms are large and very nice. The hotel ambiance reminds me of a European hotel. I did not eat in the hotel as there are many great places to eat just a short walk away.

Stayed March 2012
Dear Corkonian_10,
Thank you for reaching out to the Trip Advisor community regarding our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our property, rooms and surrounding area. We look forward to welcoming you back again hopefully.
Best Regards,
Vienna, VA
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have been staying at the Westin Palo Alto for over 5 years now. It is perfectly located directly across from Stanford University. The staff is why I return again and again. Jon Reynolds at the front Desk, Samuel (amazing memory - he remembered a dozen of our family and friends who came for our sons graduation and still ask about them each time I stay). The rooms have recently had new carpet and drapery, much needed, but a perfect haven. The Town and Country shopping center just a block or two away has everything you would need and a wonderful little restaurant, Mayfield Bakery Cafe. DO NOT MISS THE chocolate croissants at the little french bakery in the same center...
For a Westin you will feel like you are a small boutique hotel...and you can walk to everything BUT if you need a car there is a Hertz rental desk located right in the hotel. Zip cars across the street on campus and if you need a car service Lone Star Limo is also located in the hotel. Ask for Alex...
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have access to the lobby through the entrance staircase...no need for the elevato...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Charlene28
Dear Charlene28,
Thank you for the lovely review on Trip Advisor and singing the praises of Jon and Sam. I am pleased to hear that you noticed some of the new touches added in recent months. We look forward to hopefully serving you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel has been consistently excellent during the past three years I have stayed there. This is a quiet, immaculate, excellently serviced hotel convenient to Stanford University and downtown Palo Alto as well as minutes from Town and Country and the Stanford Mall. It is perfect for business travel and also for family trips. The staff, from valet, front desk, room service (24 hours), dining room, bar and maintenance are all excellent, responsive, warm and professional. Whether for business or with family, this hotel has everything you need. The business center is small but very efficient and free and the front desk can easily arrange FedEx, faxing, etc. Internet is for a fee in rooms (with VPN), but free in public spaces (pool, bar, etc.). The rooms are well designed, well-furnished, lovely decor, comfortable, immaculate, excellent beds, good working desks, refigerator, and bathrooms are large with separate baths and showers and plentiful amenities. Some higher floor rooms are more spacious, but first floor rooms have patio access with tables, charis, umbrellas, and beautiful potted trees and flowers. Pool is lovely, outside, with a Jacuzzi, and served by the bar. The restaurant is very good (particularly their breakfast buffet) and service is consistently excellent. The atmosphere the staff cultivate is one of high service, warm, respectul of privacy and very peaceful. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear NYCnb,
Your review made my team and me exceptionally happy, thank you for making our day!
We look forward to your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
#1 of 9 in Menlo Park
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to The Westin Palo Alto? Share your experiences!