All reviewsheavenly bedstanford universityseparate tubwalking distanceself parkingroom servicefront desk staffclose to downtownsmall poolrestaurants and shopssilicon valleythe room was niceinternet connectionlocation is greatrooms are largeel caminosoleil
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Overall, this is a very good hotel with a great location for Palo Alto. Right next to a cal-train stop and walking distance to great restaurants.

The hotel itself is clean and staff was very friendly. I was a very late checkin and they seemed to have only a few rooms left. The room I got was a 1st floor room. Only complaint was that the bathroom was equipped for handicap-access which made the shower head very low.

Otherwise room was great- a great desk set-up for working, flat-screen TV, and the always-great westin heavenly bed.

Wifi in the lobby is free but access in the rooms will cost you $9.95. The business center had a few computers available and free use of a color laser printer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Dear notstiller,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the location and proximity to dining, downtown Palo Alto and CalTrain. I am sorry that you found the shower head in your ADA room to be too low. For future reference, please indicate your preference not to receive an ADA room and we are happy to oblige. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

The Westin Hotel in Palo Alto is a fabulous place to stay. My husband and I have stayed here on a number of occasions and it keeps getting better and better. The front desk staff are incredibly helpful and pleasant, the bellman Sam couldn't be nicer and room service is quick and efficient. The rooms are always clean and the showers are heavenly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear IssyUSA,
Thank you for yet another lovely review of our hotel and Sam, our Front Office Associate. We hope to serve you again really soon. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything at all.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I spent 2 nights at the Westin while visiting Stanford for a conference. I loved it, and much more than when I had stayed there about 4 years ago. King room was large and light, and the bed was wonderful - I only wish I could have slept in it for many hours longer. Spacious bathroom with excellent shower. I appreciated the closeness to downtown Palo Alto (incl. 5 minutes walk to the Whole Foods), and the wooded portion of Stanford's campus is directly across the street and perfect for a morning run. Staying here felt like a bit of a splurge, but I'm glad that I did so.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Dear CPtraveller,
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and were able to enjoy some of what Palo Alto and our proximity to Stanford have to offer. Please visit us again soon and let us know if there is anything at all that we may assist you with.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

The staff is polite and courteous. I can walk to my office. If I don't feel like eating out, I can grab some delicious food from Trader Joe's just down the street.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Dear hexjunky,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our property. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and surroundings, we are very lucky to be within walking distance of so many wonderful shops and restaurants. We look forward to hopefully greeting you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed 2 nights visiting a couple of companies there and the hotel was clean, efficient and everything you might expect from Westin. The biggest dissapointment was the onsite bar/lounge - which was not very welcoming - but univerity avenue was just 10 minutes walk away. Breakfast buffet was great value, room service and restaurant very good. reception staff helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Dear weejim,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and proximity to shops, restaurants and bars on Palo Alto's popular University Avenue. We would welcome further feedback on how we might improve our bar if you are so inclined, if so please contact me at tfleming@pahotel.com. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future.