“Great for cocktails”
Review of Gravity Wine Bar

Gravity Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gravity Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 364 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place gets really busy on Friday and Saturday nights, but still worth if for a cocktail with friends. They have a fantastic wine selection and the bartenders are lovely - very friendly and accommodating. I've had a few of the food dishes as well - not bad if you want something small to share. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful wine (I mean *wonderful*) and a great sommelier, this restaurant is crazily busy, and bit loud for a business dinner, unless you can book a table upstairs. The food is great, the service is usually very good, and the ambience is lively. It's really super.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a stylish, beautiful bar.
The bartender was welcoming and generous (Thanks Hans).
I'd go there for a drink, and eat elsewhere.
There are so many other food options in the neighborhood.
Perfect for cocktails.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are big fans of this guy's restaurants (he owns Peninsula Fountain & Grill as well as Reposado and Scratch) and so we were happy to try this one out as well. We held off reviewing this place as the first time we went one of us ordered the hamburger and fries. Long story short, the hamburger (ordered "medium") was utterly raw inside, as in "tar tar" raw. We munched on the fries (which were delicious) while we waited and waited for the waiter to check on us so we could request the burger be cooked a bit longer. When no one asked us, we finally hunted someone down. They were very sweet and apologetic promising to take care of it. When they whisked the plate away we tried to keep the fries (to continue our munching). Instead, the waiter suggested that he bring us another, extra plate of fries for our patience. We were happy...until the fries never came. Later, the burger returned complete with cold remaining fries. To their credit, the half charred meat was of excellent quality and flavor, so we planned to come back.

Gravity Bar, The Sequel - We returned on another day a couple of months later and ordered a brussel sprout laden warm salad (which was fantastic) and another plate of burger and fries. The burger arrived, again, completely raw (and I actually love rare meat, but a raw burger?) complete with a big nasty chunk of gristle that nearly claimed my tooth. Again the initial flavor was fantastic, but biting into a raw burger and then encountering a mystery chunk is just a bit much even for the hard-core carnivore. We were done with that burger at the point.

Even so, the ambiance is fun, the location convenient and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really want to go and try that stupid burger again. I keep hoping they'll stop and pay attention and stop wasting that fantastic quality meat and their reputation. Wish me luck, I'm obviously a glutton.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We've stopped by to try their lunch because in the evening it was so noisy that we couldn't hear a person in front of us. Their lunch menu looked good but the portion was tiny for entrees that were around $18 and $17.

1  Thank TBTripreview