“Decent food, poor service”
Review of Mandarin Gourmet - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is the best Chinese food in the Bay Area,
Sunnyvale, California
“Decent food, poor service”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Team lunch, we were 7 people and we had to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for a long time to get the food. Person who attended us was old and little annoying. He was not so polite, did not understand a lot of what we asked and was not so good at making us feel comfortable at the place. Food was decent though, I would recommend this place, just don't expect a good service.

• Visited March 2013

Saratoga, California
“Great food extremely slow service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have not been in this restaurant for years as the one in Cupertino is closer to us. The food was great it tasted much better than in Cupertino and the menu offered more choices. However, the service was extremely slow, albeit the people were nice, even apologetic. It seems that the restaurant understaffed the waiting staff (or the kitchen staff) to save on operating cost. I would avoid this restaurant during the weekend.

• Visited November 2012
Toronto
“Been coming for years!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I love this spot, I believe the first time I came here was in '91. I loved it then and I love it now.

My usual dishes are sesame chicken, changsa chicken, mandarin beef, and their hot and sour soup which varies but when they nail it, it can't be beat, anywhere!!

So I would tell you to try it, I am shocked more people don't go there. Now it is not authentic Chinese food (too sweet) but it is extremely tasty none the less.

• Visited May 2012
Belgrade, ME
“EXCELLENT !!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The food and service was excellent. A wonderful variety and every morsel was delicious!!! We highly recommend it and will eat there again on our next visit.

Visited October 2011
Alameda, California
“The best Chinese in the Bay Area”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is where we go to celebrate! My husband takes his clients here, and they all come back and bring their families to celebrate. When visitors come to town, we take them here. The food is exquisite (try their Honey Walnut Prawns, and the gingery chicken - a surprise in each bite). The atmosphere is calm. There is no "concept" other than a deeply satisfying eating experience, except for the classical music played low in the background. It may be a good thing that we live 45 minutes away, or this would be our dining room. We have never had a bad experience here. Thank you, Mandarin Gourmet.

• Visited September 2011