“yum”

Calafia Cafe & Market A Go Go
Ranked #22 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In 2009, Charlie Ayers leased nearly 5,000 square feet of space in the Town & Country Shopping Plaza across from Stanford University, realizing his dream of a owning neighborhood spot serving organic, sustainable, healthy, delicious food. Calafia Cafe & Market A Go-Go was an instant hit, and today still has crowds lining up to get a seat. This casual restaurant has an energetic vibe, and serves food inspired by the incredible bounty that is available in California. Calafia continues to bring the Silicon Valley community and its visitors together around fresh, farm-to-table cuisine in an always festive atmosphere.
Vancouver, Canada
“yum”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Clearly a very popular place, since it was packed! We were with a large group, and had a reservation for inside, but opted to wait a bit for a table outside so we could hear each other talking. I'm vegetarian, and there were many items on the menu that I could choose from. I went for the crimson quinoa salad, which was delicious.

Visited June 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Satisfying experience”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Busy, busy, busy at lunchtime on a weekday--and noisy too. That being said, it was an enjoyable lunchtime experience. Service was fairly prompt and certainly friendly. We ordered a variety of dishes, and while none of them "wowed" us--they were all quite tasty. I had the beet burger--quite unusual and surprisingly yummy.

• Visited May 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Sandwiches and Salad”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Awesome, fresh salad bar with more options than one could imagine. Sandwich selection on fresh breads (turkey, bacon, tomatoes you can actually taste), great soups, lots of room to sit outdoors. Service very friendly and helpful

Visited May 2013
Redding, California
“Scrumptious and satisfying”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My first visit here. We were greeted in a friendly and prompt manner. I ordered the Spinach Dragon Noodle Bowl (VG)(GF) with "house-made spicy" organic tofu, spicy vegan almond butter, green onion, and flat rice noodles. I asked our server if the dish was very spicy and he said no.
It was absolutely delicious! A creamy sauce with lots of perfectly prepared tofu. I finished an iced tea and it was refilled promptly. Our server was polite and pleasant. I enjoyed my view - I could even see a peek of the hills.
The food was great and I would certainly visit Calafia Cafe again.

• Visited March 2013
“Good food but just something missing to move to next level”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Calafia on most of our visits to Palo Alto over a number of years and the food has always been good but never spectacular. Although the food has been consistently good the service is a bit impersonal and the screens at each table don't help.

Although I go to a restaurant for good food, the service, atmosphere, value for money etc play a part in an enjoyable experience.

In my opinion the atmosphere is a bit lacking and the staff don't seem to smile a lot so I've never found it a 'fun' place to be.
Great location with lots of other interesting stores in the complex.