“Organic and fresh”

Calafia Cafe & Market A Go Go
Ranked #34 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2009, Charlie Ayers leased nearly 5,000 square feet of space in the Town & Country Shopping Plaza across from Stanford University, realizing his dream of a owning neighborhood spot serving organic, sustainable, healthy, delicious food. Calafia Cafe & Market A Go-Go was an instant hit, and today still has crowds lining up to get a seat. This casual restaurant has an energetic vibe, and serves food inspired by the incredible bounty that is available in California. Calafia continues to bring the Silicon Valley community and its visitors together around fresh, farm-to-table cuisine in an always festive atmosphere.
London, United Kingdom
“Organic and fresh”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Really love this restaurant. It really is fresh and unique. I love how even the ketchup is homemade. They also have wonderful brunch! Chick and Waffles anyone?

Perth, Australia
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I dined with my family at Calafia Café one afternoon in January and it was excellent. There were food options catering for each of us (including the fussiest of eaters!) and everything was the very best, freshest local and organic produce. I enjoyed a very nice glass of local sustainable white wine with my perfect beef-burger; the gaming expert enjoyed his wood-fired pizza; a mini chicken pot pie was the favourite of the budding chef and sliders were the go for the youngest in our group. I can never resist a hot-fudge banana split and it was well-worth it! I'm looking forward to coming back for dinner later this year when we're next in Palo Alto :)

Visited January 2012
1 Thank KirstenPerth
Palo Alto, California
“BEWARE of Calafia”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I wanted to share with you one of the worst and most disgraceful service experiences I have ever had. I made a reservation for a group at Calafia tonight. When the 10 of us came to the restaurant, it was completely full, and we had to wait for over 45 minutes to get a table. Even though we had a confirmed reservation, we ended up waiting an unacceptable amount of time.

While we were waiting for our table, the waitress offered us two appetizers on the house after we repeatedly asked when our table would be ready. The appetizers' total value was less than $20, which we found low compared to the 450 minutes that all ten of us waited in total.

We asked to speak to the manager of the place, and we politely expressed our disappointment with the experience. We asked her to reconsider the compensation and adjust it to reflect a 45 minutes times ten people.

To our surprise, the owner of the restaurant came to our table 3 minutes later. He rudely yelled at me to get the f**k out of his restaurant and never come back. Just like that, with no warning or effort to address our concerns. I will certainly not come back, as I have never been treated and insulted like that. Beware of Calafia if you value your time and dignity.

Stanford, California, United States
“"Soup Nazi" is in Palo Alto!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We had a group dinner in Calafia on a weekday, we made a reservation for 7:30pm but had to wait for more than 50 minutes before being seated. This was really bad since some of the attendants had other plans for the rest of the night so they had to miss most of the dinner.
We were offered two appetizers for this inconvenient, which was rather disappointing given that they weren't even enough for the group... (and when I checked the menu, they were the cheapest ones as well!)

When we asked politely for a different compensation, we were treated with a surprising rage attack from the owner of the place, telling us to go [--] ourselves out of his place! And yes, he did repeat the F word multiple times...

I was shocked and embarrassed, I have never experienced any such offensive, disgraceful "service". Clearly the owner has some issues, but as a paying customer I shouldn't be his target.

If being humiliated in front of a full restaurant is not your thing, I'd advice to consider other places...

California
“I've been disappointed twice”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This place is always jammed, but I don't understand why. Mayfield Bakery, right next door, which is equally popular is so much better. The food has too many ingredients to get the tastes straight. After my two meals, I won't be coming back.