All reviewsil fornaiomolton brown toiletriesheart of downtownmarble bathroomtrufflecoffee and pastriesuniversity avenueboutique hotelbeautiful hotelfresh fruitevery morningfour seasonscomfortable bedliving roomchecking outhome away from homesilicon valley
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Booked a one bedroom suite and was surprised to see that it was small and very dark. Requested to change rooms and the second one was even worse. No windows in the living room at all, making it even darker. We downgraded to a regular 2 queen room which was much brighter with sunlight and stayed there instead. Though Breakfast is free and is available on each floor - it did not look appetising, coffee was cold. We went out for breakfast every morning.
Front desk staff were patient with my requests of changing rooms and tried their best to accommodate the change.

Room Tip: Choose those facing the courtyard for maximum sunlight. Some rooms are extremely small, so check before you check in.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Jeffery P, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you for your review! I'm so sorry to hear that the first room was not to your liking. I'm happy to see that the front desk staff was able to accommodate you and get you and your family into a room that you enjoyed. In the future, you may want to consider booking with us directly rather than through a third party site so we can with with you to ensure that you get the exact room you want the first time! We have also notated your preferences in your guest profile so this should not be an issue again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Understated hotel in a great Palo Alto location off University. Walk to shopping/restaurants.

High touch service ethic. Great Milton Brown amenities. Big room. Big bathroom.

Understated but worth considering based on location and service!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Jeffery P, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear ChiTown2,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your wonderfuil comments are truly meaningful and we greatly appreciate them. Please let me know when you plan to visit Palo Alto again, I would like to thank you personally.

Warmest regards,

Jeffery Phillips

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Stylish and clean rooms. Great service and friendly staff. Also, the location is right in the middle of Palo Alto down town area , very convenient to all shops and restaurants. My favorite hotel in the Bay Area!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeffery P, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Great hotel, great location, and great staff... but the prices can be astonishing too. That said, there aren't many affordable options on the area. This has the benefit of being very close to downtown.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ian, thank you very much for the review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our luxury hotel. We're proud to have been repeatedly named a Forbes Four Star hotel, as well as winning the "Best Of Hotel" category in Palo Alto Weekly, and it sounds like we were able to uphold our commitment to excellence during your stay. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

I have controversial thought about this place. Though it is not a 5-star hotel (which they claim to be), maximum a decent 4 but the staff of the hotel did their best to make a good impression.
Here are my thoughts – it was great to have a terrace in the room but the internal court of the hotel is very crowded and loud making it a bit uncomfortable to sit there especially during the second half of the day.
The breakfasts were good but the only way to have them was in the room since the hotel doesn’t have their own restaurant. Once the waiter brought in the breakfast and a glass of orange juice fell and broke. No once cleaned it properly and we kept on getting stuck to the floor for the whole of our stay. The last day despite my numerous requests the breakfast was late by almost 40 minutes causing us to be in a rush.
On the other hand, the reception staff apologized for all inconvenience and as a compliment took out the breakfast charge from my bill. Also, I ordered balloons for a special event that I had and someone of the hotel staff took the time to decorate my room with them. It all looked very caring and friendly. If not for this attitude I would have put a 3 star for the stay.
See several photos made with Relonch camera to get a better impression.

Room Tip: Terrace room is a must
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We are very proud to have been named a Forbes Four-Star hotel three years running. While we have also been named Palo Alto Weekly's "Best Of Hotel" three years in a row as well, and are always working to deliver a 5-star experience to our guests, I do not believe we have ever claimed to officially have that fifth star! I would like to personally apologize about the issues you listed, and I am glad to hear that our staff took care of your breakfast charges to help compensate you. I would be happy to speak to you personally as well, to see if there is anything else we could have done to make your last experience more satisfactory. Please feel free to reach out to me directly anytime, and we do hope you'll join us again soon!