Garden Court Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsil fornaiomolton brown toiletriesheart of downtowneuropean feeluniversity avenuemarble bathroomtrufflecoffee and pastriesboutique hotelsmall thingswedding nightbeautiful hotelstreet levelturn down servicefresh fruitevery morninglittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a wonderful time during our "In Town" Getaway. We live in Palo Alto and staying right in the heart of downtown overnight was a real pleasure. The Garden Court treated us like royalty and every part of our stay was phenomenal. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and we hardly even knew that it was already the next day when we woke up because we slept so soundly! Being right in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, we enjoyed just exploring our own town and just walking up and down University Avenue made us feel like we were actually in some romantic destination far away! The best part of the Garden Court stay for us was the staff of the hotel. From pulling up to the valet parking to pull down bed service upon returning to our room, everyone was smiling and enthusiastic and extremely helpful. We had the true luxury hotel getaway experience and would highly recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: You must experience the Presidential Suite on the top floor. It has it's own private balcony, fireplace in the room and really feels like you are a diplomat yourself.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnwadeking
Jeffery P, Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear johnwadeking,
It is so nice to hear about your "In Town" Getaway. Your description of your stay is exactly what we strive for. To have made you feel like you were somewhere far away, to only be a few feet from home-even better. I do hope you will make it a more frequent experience. It gives us a chance to raise our own bar of creativity and make the next time even more memorable. Until next time...

All the best,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is top notch. The staff is very helpful and on it at all times. The location cannot get any better. Location is great for just walking around most any where is Palo Alto. The rooms are very spacious and staff is fabulous. Beds are very comfortable. Loved the little balconies that look out over the interior court yard. Great Italian restaurant attached to the hotel but not a typical "hotel" restaurant. Was only able to have breakfast there but food was fabulous and service was exceptional as well. Will definitely make sure I try it for dinner next time because there will be a next time at this very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sbible

Dear Sbible,
Thank you for the outstanding review, as a senior reviewer your experience as a traveler is most respected. I am thrilled you enjoyed walking downtown as our location so perfectly allows for.
Top notch, fabulous, very helpful and on it at all times is delightful to hear. I just cannot thank you enough for taking the time to say such wonderful things about the Garden Court. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My recent stay at the Garden Court Hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff were gracious and attentive to the details that distinguish a luxury hotel from the chain hotel experience. The rooms are gorgeous and very quiet, with beautiful private balconies. Best of all, the location is in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, walking distance from dozens of excellent restaurants and bars. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank QC2theMax

Dear QC2themax,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations. As an independent hotel, it is the special attention to details that we depend on to set us apart from the other branded hotels. Because we are small we are pleased that we can offer a warm, friendly and more persoanl touch that you so graciously shared that you enjoyed.Thank you for sharing your comments and for highly recommending us.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and love love love this hotel! From the Marble bathrooms, to the comfy beds, to the wonderful staff, great location, excellent service, etc, etc, etc! The nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is very welcoming and has a something special that no other hotel offers. Everyone is smiling and is very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans on visiting Palo Alto or to anyone who just wants a nice place to get away for some relaxation. While you are there, be sure to visit Il Forniao as is has great food and happy hour is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in was excellent so it is hard to recommend which one I liked best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Heather H,
I am over joyed by your review-It is most rewarding to know that you feel the same way that I do about The Garden Court Hotel. It is wonderful to hear that everyone is smiling and wonderful-I am grateful to have such a devoted team who truly care about the guest experience. Thank you for sharing the love and for putting a big smile on my face.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very well located in the heart of Palo Alto, this boutique hotel is very comfortable but too expensive. There is no in-house restaurant, however, the Italian restaurant adjoining serves an excellent breakfast. I would have rated the hotel a 4, had it not been for the front desk experience. My wife had reserved our room, and on arrival she completed check-in, and showed her passport and gave her credit card. The clerk pushed the form to me to sign, I ignored it, and my wife signed. We then received a welcome message on our room TV, and a card delivered to our room both addressed to 'Mr' followed by my wife's name (there could be no confusion, my wife is a very beautiful woman). When we were passing the front desk, I politely explained the error, and Jeffery L Phillips, Rooms Division Manager replied "Thank you for sharing" (no apology to my wife). I must admit I was irritated, so I brought the welcome card and envelope, put a line through 'Mr' on both, and wrote 'Ms'. I handed it in for the attention of Mr Phillips. When we returned there was a card of apology in our room with 4 chocolates. The air-conditioning in our room was extremely loud, and banged each time it worked. We won"t return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffery P, Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Pancho8,
I regret not formally apologizing to both you and your wife for failing to recognize your wife as the primary name on the reservation. I understand your perspective as an experienced traveler and appreciate your taking the time to provide your feedback. Please be assured that I take your comments very seriously and will be extremely sensitive to such details going forward.

It is my hope - when returning to Palo Alto- you will give us the opportunity to serve you with the dignity you so carefully pointed out to me. I would value the opportunity to make this up to both of you on a future stay.

Respectfully,