“Most Expensive Tapas I've ever had”
Review of Joya

Joya
Reserve with OpenTable
Joya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 357 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: South American, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Florence Street
Transit: Palo Alto Caltrain stop is just a few blocks away.
Description: From tapas to entradas, Joya Restaurant and Lounge provides a modern interpretation of the rich culinary lineage of Spain and Latin America. Joya is proud to have teamed with Shopworks (designers of W-Hotels in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and San Diego) to create a natural-hued, contemporary restaurant and lounge that imparts guests with a feeling of comfortable exclusivity. So if you are looking to enjoy a refined Latin-influenced dining experience, new age cocktails and festive live music, we invite you to join us at Joya Restaurant & Lounge.
Hamburg, New York
“Most Expensive Tapas I've ever had”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Joya has a great atmosphere and we had a great time. Good thing we had appetizers and drinks at our Hotel before coming because we spent almost $180 on Tapas, Sangria and Dessert and had we not eaten first would be starved...now yes, I aggree that tapas portions are small but for the price it was ridiculous...skip Tapas and go for the main entrees...that's what we'll do next time :)

We loved what we had:
papas bravas yukon gold potatoes, pimenton, with garlic 4
mushrooms al ajillo sautéed with fresh shallots and thyme 8
croquetas potatoes, pasilla peppers, english peas, smoked mozzarella cheese 6.5
dungeness crab cakes two crab cakes, pequillo peppers, corn, ginger chipotle aïoli 13
ceviche raw seafood cured in citrus, choice of: mango chili red snapper, coconut rock shrimp & bass, or halibut with roasted tomatillos 9.5 ea / 21 sampling of all three
scallops 9
churros with hot chocolate argentinean doughnuts alongside an ibarra chocolate dipping sauce 8
ice cream cookie ‘sliders’ trio of ice cream sandwiches with house-made ice creams of colombian coffee, ibarra chocolate & dulce de leche 8
joya tres leches flan traditional cream flan atop rich chocolate cake 8
caramelized pineapple butter cake served alongside house-made coconut ice cream 8
drinks: sangria, soda, coffee etc.

• Korean first
“I definitely recommend getting the Kobe mini burgers, and braised short rib tacos for the tapas. Tried the porkchop (my...”
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I definitely recommend getting the Kobe mini burgers, and braised short rib tacos for the tapas. Tried the porkchop (my favorite) and the jerk chicken (which was pretty good too). BUT you HAVE TO save room for dessert! order the churros. its yummmmmz! the red and white sangria are also really good

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I recommend skipping the...”
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I recommend skipping the tapas and going for a entree. Good place for two to hang out at a bar too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Downtown Palo Alto's latest hot spot. I especially liked the ahi tartare with guacamole and the gazpacho - the pork...”
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Downtown Palo Alto's latest hot spot. I especially liked the ahi tartare with guacamole and the gazpacho - the pork tenderloin not so much. Great service but the price of being overly "in" is that it's really, really noisy.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great decor, and attentive service, but overpriced plates. They just opened, so I'll give it another chance in a few...”
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Great decor, and attentive service, but overpriced plates. They just opened, so I'll give it another chance in a few months.