“Delicious authentic dishes”
Review of Joya

Joya
Reserve with OpenTable
Joya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 374 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: South American, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Florence Street
Transit: Palo Alto Caltrain stop is just a few blocks away.
Description: From tapas to entradas, Joya Restaurant and Lounge provides a modern interpretation of the rich culinary lineage of Spain and Latin America. Joya is proud to have teamed with Shopworks (designers of W-Hotels in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and San Diego) to create a natural-hued, contemporary restaurant and lounge that imparts guests with a feeling of comfortable exclusivity. So if you are looking to enjoy a refined Latin-influenced dining experience, new age cocktails and festive live music, we invite you to join us at Joya Restaurant & Lounge.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I stumbled upon this place when we were in Palo Alto visiting Stanford. The food at Joya is delicious with very authentic Puerto Rican and Cuban dishes on the menu. If it's your first time trying this type of food I would recommend you get a few of the tapas. You can't go wrong with any of them. We had the picadillo and platanos which were delicious. The atmosphere of the restaurant is modern but still warm a cozy with a fire place and service is top notch. Overall I would definitely visit again if in the area.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stopped in with a couple of friends for a late lunch at Joya. The place seems to always be busy, so sometimes it is hard to have a quiet conversation. But the food is always good (nothing spectacular, but a decent variety). Overall, this is a good spot to dine and to people watch on University Ave.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Joya is a fun place to have drinks and light supper. The tapas sampler is good starter while everyone around the table has a cocktail or glass of wine. All the tables have view of the bar scene which has been hooping every dinner time I've been here. The small plates are the way to go of the rest of the meal. Grazing is the best way to experience this place. At lunch it is quieter and the small plates are an easy way to have a light business lunch. the wine list is decent and has a good variety. The servers try hard but can be overwhelmed at peak times. I'll be back again wehn i just want a relaxing dining experience with OK food.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The tapas here are great, the best is the paella. It has all the right flavors and is presented beautifully to the table. The white and red sangrias are also highly recommended, and pair nicely with just about any dish on the menu. The restaurant itself is very "cool" and the decor suggests a young, urban flair you wouldn't normally expect in a restaurant with this style of cuisine.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Three of us ate here on Oct. 30. We shared the calamari which was one of the best I have ever eaten. We also shared an appetizer that looked interesting and included spinach, cheese, etc. I can't recall the name but I would recommend it as it was very interesting and tasty. We ordered the paella and asked if the three of us could share it as we weren't overly hungry. Our server was most accommodating and agreed. We had plenty and even took about a fourth of it home. I would definitely go back. Our server suggested a white wine and it went perfectly with the meal.