“super!”

Stanford University
Ranked #1 of 41 things to do in Palo Alto
More attraction details
Owner description: Breeding ground for Silicon Valley businesses. The founders of Hewlett Packard, Yahoo!, and Sun Microsystems all passed through the doors of this institution.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

大学近くのバス停から無料シャトルで5分でhotelへ行けます. clean, cool, magnificient!
I would like to go!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"silicon valley"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed April 28, 2014

...Waiting for a long parade of folk to pass the front of my rented car; most of them dressed for holiday, headed for the Stadium where the Fall Rites will commence soon. I am searching for a property that someone purchased and someone else financed.

The latter company has asked me to verify that there is such a property. And, is their loan safe?

The cheap rental car boils over, engine dies, still the parade goes on.....and on. Hey, those folk are all happy. I am not. It is noon of a Saturday and the day is a scorcher.
Printable thoughts include wondering why I am here, 450 miles from home and family; in a strange land where there live several relatives who have nothing good to say about LA - where I have lived since 1944.
..Fast forward 36 years... The local radio is broadcasting "Tannhauser" ...The traffic cops relent, I move a few yards, then on back to the car rental. Thus began my decision to move up here to the Bay Area and be near the action.
I think Stanford won but who cares? I am here!
------
In the interim, I have been to a dozen football games, had dinner at the Quad twice, attended several Reunions in the company of a dashing Divorcee who took me to see "La Boheme". In her company, there have been visits to Roblie Hall, The Book Store, Maples Pavilion (Charlie Rose, Katie Couric), The Memorial Church where we blundered into a performance of The Requiem by Brahms, sat with a Music Professor who could play the Huge Organ way up in the Church Roof, spent an hour trying to find our Prius in a parking lot near the Stadium at 8pm in pitch dark.

Most recently we witnessed the end of the last reunion of the 1974 Nursing Class, the last such class taught at Stanford.
If only we could give the University a spare Billion or so, we would not feel so lonely as we roll down Palm Drive and on to oblivion.

On this visit I found out that some high school students and their parents are guests; Stanford has to compete with a dozen equally ranked Universities, in order to snag (enroll) their children.
- See, life is tough everywhere.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I liked the very relaxing walk on Palm Drive from the entrance of the University Campus up to the main building. Also, do not miss the very famous sculpture from Rodin (Les Bourgeois de Calais) displayed in the Memorial Court.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lovely place to walk and the Cantor Art Center is a great (and free) place to view art and relax.
Enjoy my lovely town, I do love living here and I hope you enjoy your visit.