“Not what I expected”
Review of Ramada Palmdale

Ramada Palmdale
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Palmdale
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This will be my third time here. The hotel is a little run down and needs a little work. Overall the beds are nice and comfy CLEAN, Its not too expensive. Remember you get what you pay for. Free WiFi is a bonus. It's not very fast but fast enough to watch netflix or check an email. A very friend girl at the front desk helped me. The best service I have ever got here. I believe her name is Valerie. The last two times I got some rude girl who made me go down to the lobby at 10 o'clock at night to grab a pillow. The breakfast here is good also it's hot and not just a bagel and fruit like most hotels. You get to sit down and have some coffee and eat. I will keep coming here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ridiculous. I stayed at the this hotel for 2 nights about 3 years ago when they first started reconstruction. I also stayed mid last week and I can say that there's been absolutely no progress on the construction, the same sheets are up and the lobby looks the exact same.

Anyways, onto the rooms. They are terrible. The TV is too small for the room. sitting up in my bed I could not see the TV. The sound on the Television is terrible. I don't even know where they got these things from, it's either too loud or too quiet. I setup my laptop in the provided sitting area and was very uncomfortable. I felt crammed and the chair had this silly arch in it. I pulled up speedtest.net to see if I could even do anything with the Wi-FI. Turns out I was not even getting 1mb down or up. They've got an option to buy the "speed package" for 3 $ a night, so I did that and saw D/L of 2 MBPS. Pathetic, its 2013, and I'm in a HOTEL. The bed was a rock hard queen, even though I had requested a king. But I'm not going to get into that. Other customers may experience different customer service.

The reason for 2 stars is that the rooms were clean and the lady at the front desk got me drinks. Anyways, if you're in the area, or are planning to be, cut out Palmdale Hotel and fork out the money for another hotel in the area. Or just stay at the Motel 6, because it'll be nicer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean L
Jennifer L, Manager at Ramada Palmdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to summit your review .We appreciate your details regarding your recent stay. We started renovation in 2008 and concluded in 2009.We apologize for what appears to have been general preventative maintenance which is performed to maintain are establishment. We hope you choose to stay with us in the near future. Thank you for staying with us at The Palmdale Hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel served it's purpose just fine. Stayed for soccer tournament. Clean room, comfy bed, good breakfast, nice shower. Cable TV is terrible, snow in background of all channels.
Housekeeper saved our day. My son left his IPOD in the room, we called several hours later and to our delight the housekeeper turned it in to the front desk. She found it under the covers of the bed after we checked out. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you providing us details of the performance of our staff. It is the quality of service the we consistently strive to achieve . We are pleased to hear of the positive resolve to your predicament. Thank you for staying here at The Palmdale Hotel.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was not up to expectations. The hotel lobby is nice and the sit down and be served breakfast is nice. The negative is you have to walk along way through tunnels connecting building to get to breakfast. The smell in the hallway on the fourth floor was musty. The carpet in our room was dirty needs good cleaning or replaced. The bed was clean, but the heating unit in our room made scratching noises, my husband couldn't sleep well he swore there was a critter in it. It also was our 25 th Anniversary ,my husband expected the hotel to be nicer based on their advertising.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Your review is highly welcomed and we thank you for your input. It’s the genuine nature of your review that allows us to expedite the preventative maintenance. This is a constant state of flux due to our occupancy. Thank you for staying with us, on your next stay if any issue arise please feel free to contact us immediately.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The first room I was in there was constant, loud hammering from the room on the floor above. After complaining, I was moved to another room that didn't have a working lamp, no chair except a funky desk chair and the room was dirty with large black stains on the carpet. There were actually hairs clinging to the wall and white dusty powder on the nightstand. Figuring I didn't want to sit in the dark and sure wasn't going to try the bed I checked out after being in the hotel for about an hour. Never, ever stay here. The staff is friendly enough but, what a dump.

Room Tip: Stay at a one of the nicer chains. The difference in price isn't worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We at The Palmdale Hotel would like to extend our gratitude to you for providing us with details of your recent stay. The sincerity of your review is providing us with the opportunity to address the issue of your concern. Let us afford you the opportunity to help you if any issue arises on your next stay. Our staff is always ready to accommodate you, our valued guest.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have made several trips to this area in the past couple of years. I have spent time looking at other hotels and their rates but have never found anything else that is comparable to the amenities offered here at a reasonable rate. I appreciate the way the staff keeps everything smelly clean.
We also enjoy the great breakfast and kindness of the waitress.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

First off, I was apprehensive after reading many of the reviews. It makes me wonder if some people have a grasp on what and how the hotel rating system (stars/diamonds etc) are actually calculated. Ratings are not based solely on the appearance of the hotel but by the services they offer. So just because a hotel may be newer and look all shiny and pretty it could still be a 2 star hotel and one with a bit more age, like the Palmdale, can receive three stars because they have several meeting/banquet spaces, an onsite restaurant, laundry facility, business center, etc.

As for the hotel, yes it is older and a tad dated, but they are currently working on it. The rooms are spacious and clean. There was a bit of paint peeling and the tub needs reglazed in our room (408) but again that is what they are currently working on. Apparently, the workers they have doing the renovations are "living" at the hotel and our many attempts to do laundry with only 1 washer and dryer were somewhat futile as it was always in use. The last time we were in this area, we stayed at the Holiday Inn which is just across the street. I would put this hotel right on par with it even though the Holiday Inn is newer and "shinier". We stayed in the area because we had been here several months earlier and enjoyed it. My husband retiring from the military and has numerous VA appointments with doctors in the LA area although we are currently relocating to Phoenix. So staying here is a great option as it is close enough to LA but far enough out to enjoy peace and tranquility.

They offer a free breakfast buffet which varies with occupancy of the hotel but in general has your basic staples (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal, etc). It also offers a different "specialty" such as pancakes, waffles or french toast on a rotating basis so you are not eating the same selections every day. My only beef with the hotel/restaurant was the fact that they don't allow take out or ability to take up to your room. First day we were there, we had to get an early start because of an appointment in the Thousand Oaks area about an hour and a half away. I take medications that require I eat food with them. Not knowing the traffic situation, I asked if I could just have a piece of fruit or some toast to take with me so we could get on the road. Obviously, they said no so that was a bit disappointing and frustrating. It does say that on the back of the vouchers but I hadn't read it as we were hurried to get on the road. We actually ate in the restaurant the next 3 days and let me just say I was very pleasantly surprised. The eggs were a bit overdone for my personal taste but then again, we came at the tail end of the buffet. The bacon was DELICIOUS! I was expecting that thin, horrible cheap bacon but was amazed to find it was a good quality tasting bacon. The sausage was yummy as well. If you want toast, all you have to do is ask. They will make it fresh for you!

I just can't say enough about this place as I was very surprised. I wish the weather had been a bit nicer to try out the pool and hot tub but hey... the hotel can't control the weather now can it?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple