New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
Poway CA
“Saved the Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel served it's purpose just fine. Stayed for soccer tournament. Clean room, comfy bed, good breakfast, nice shower. Cable TV is terrible, snow in background of all channels.
Housekeeper saved our day. My son left his IPOD in the room, we called several hours later and to our delight the housekeeper turned it in to the front desk. She found it under the covers of the bed after we checked out. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer L, Manager at Ramada Palmdale, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We appreciate you providing us details of the performance of our staff. It is the quality of service the we consistently strive to achieve . We are pleased to hear of the positive resolve to your predicament. Thank you for staying here at The Palmdale Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was not up to expectations. The hotel lobby is nice and the sit down and be served breakfast is nice. The negative is you have to walk along way through tunnels connecting building to get to breakfast. The smell in the hallway on the fourth floor was musty. The carpet in our room was dirty needs good cleaning or replaced. The bed was clean, but the heating unit in our room made scratching noises, my husband couldn't sleep well he swore there was a critter in it. It also was our 25 th Anniversary ,my husband expected the hotel to be nicer based on their advertising.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jennifer L, Manager at Ramada Palmdale, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Your review is highly welcomed and we thank you for your input. It’s the genuine nature of your review that allows us to expedite the preventative maintenance. This is a constant state of flux due to our occupancy. Thank you for staying with us, on your next stay if any issue arise please feel free to contact us immediately.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The first room I was in there was constant, loud hammering from the room on the floor above. After complaining, I was moved to another room that didn't have a working lamp, no chair except a funky desk chair and the room was dirty with large black stains on the carpet. There were actually hairs clinging to the wall and white dusty powder on the nightstand. Figuring I didn't want to sit in the dark and sure wasn't going to try the bed I checked out after being in the hotel for about an hour. Never, ever stay here. The staff is friendly enough but, what a dump.

Room Tip: Stay at a one of the nicer chains. The difference in price isn't worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer L, Manager at Ramada Palmdale, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We at The Palmdale Hotel would like to extend our gratitude to you for providing us with details of your recent stay. The sincerity of your review is providing us with the opportunity to address the issue of your concern. Let us afford you the opportunity to help you if any issue arises on your next stay. Our staff is always ready to accommodate you, our valued guest.

Travelers are raving about these Palmdale hotels

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have made several trips to this area in the past couple of years. I have spent time looking at other hotels and their rates but have never found anything else that is comparable to the amenities offered here at a reasonable rate. I appreciate the way the staff keeps everything smelly clean.
We also enjoy the great breakfast and kindness of the waitress.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

First off, I was apprehensive after reading many of the reviews. It makes me wonder if some people have a grasp on what and how the hotel rating system (stars/diamonds etc) are actually calculated. Ratings are not based solely on the appearance of the hotel but by the services they offer. So just because a hotel may be newer and look all shiny and pretty it could still be a 2 star hotel and one with a bit more age, like the Palmdale, can receive three stars because they have several meeting/banquet spaces, an onsite restaurant, laundry facility, business center, etc.

As for the hotel, yes it is older and a tad dated, but they are currently working on it. The rooms are spacious and clean. There was a bit of paint peeling and the tub needs reglazed in our room (408) but again that is what they are currently working on. Apparently, the workers they have doing the renovations are "living" at the hotel and our many attempts to do laundry with only 1 washer and dryer were somewhat futile as it was always in use. The last time we were in this area, we stayed at the Holiday Inn which is just across the street. I would put this hotel right on par with it even though the Holiday Inn is newer and "shinier". We stayed in the area because we had been here several months earlier and enjoyed it. My husband retiring from the military and has numerous VA appointments with doctors in the LA area although we are currently relocating to Phoenix. So staying here is a great option as it is close enough to LA but far enough out to enjoy peace and tranquility.

They offer a free breakfast buffet which varies with occupancy of the hotel but in general has your basic staples (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal, etc). It also offers a different "specialty" such as pancakes, waffles or french toast on a rotating basis so you are not eating the same selections every day. My only beef with the hotel/restaurant was the fact that they don't allow take out or ability to take up to your room. First day we were there, we had to get an early start because of an appointment in the Thousand Oaks area about an hour and a half away. I take medications that require I eat food with them. Not knowing the traffic situation, I asked if I could just have a piece of fruit or some toast to take with me so we could get on the road. Obviously, they said no so that was a bit disappointing and frustrating. It does say that on the back of the vouchers but I hadn't read it as we were hurried to get on the road. We actually ate in the restaurant the next 3 days and let me just say I was very pleasantly surprised. The eggs were a bit overdone for my personal taste but then again, we came at the tail end of the buffet. The bacon was DELICIOUS! I was expecting that thin, horrible cheap bacon but was amazed to find it was a good quality tasting bacon. The sausage was yummy as well. If you want toast, all you have to do is ask. They will make it fresh for you!

I just can't say enough about this place as I was very surprised. I wish the weather had been a bit nicer to try out the pool and hot tub but hey... the hotel can't control the weather now can it?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Early check-in with no hassle, attractive room, hot breakfast buffet. Good value. Hotel looks slightly shabby from street, but lobby is reassuring. If I hadn't made reservations beforehand, I might have passed it up in favor of other, more accessible places, but would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I would definitely stay there when in town for work!
The staff at the front desk are very helpful and courteous
The breakfast in the restaurant is was awesome!
The price is great for my needs while on the road working
Having a microwave and mini fridge in the room is perfect for keeping my perishables cold while on a business trip

• Stayed November 2012