“Pleasantly Surprised”

Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Let me be honest and say that this was not my first choice; I ended up at this hotel after the travel site messed up my accommodations. I was glad that I chose this place. My experience was pleasant from check-in to check-out.

Upon check-in, the front desk clerk informed me that there is a free breakfast there in the lobby of the hotel, and I did take advantage of that: cereals, muffins, toast, frozen waffles, fruits, juices, and coffee. Because it was cold that morning, I got instant oatmeal and fruit and took it back to the room. The room had a refrigerator, microwave oven, and coffee maker.

A few things that should be addressed is the fact that this is a pet friendly establishment. I had residents with dogs in rooms on both sides of me. I was very fearful of bringing home fleas, because I use my own comforter and pillows when I travel. The next thing is that I have NEVER felt bath towels and face clothes this hard and crispy in my life. When I do visit again, I will also bring my own towels; these towels will scrub the skin off your body. How do you expect guest with limited mobility to access the rooms on the second floor? I cannot go up and down those steps again. For future stays, I would have to insure that I have a room on the ground floor.

Pros:

Amenities: coffee maker, microwave, fridge.
spacious
Free Wi Fi
clean
Nice area, near shopping and In/Out Burger
Friendly Staff
Breakfast (a bit more than continental)

Cons:
No Elevator
Barking Dogs
Residents with Pets
EXTREMELY HARD TOWELS AND FACE CLOTH
Should inform visitors of pets

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, make sure to ask if you have a pet free room, and if the surrounding room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Comfortable and fully-equipped room. Microwave and refrigerator. Well furnished. Clean. Lower rate than most Days Inn. Friendly and informative folks at front desk. I had stayed here before, over the past couple of years, but they seem to have made a sincere effort to improve the quality - especially the Wi-Fi reception.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business