“Great beds”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Palmdale, California
“Great beds”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very comfortable beds, clean rooms, very nice pool, staff and owners. Have sent family members there and they were very pleased with the accomodations and price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had a two day stay at the Days Inn. After check in I went to the room, the door would not unlock with either key card.. I went back and got new key cards made neither worked. I went back and was told I didn't know how to use a key card, a staff member went with me to my room to show me how the key card worked. I felt like they didn't belive me that the keys didn't work. The staff member used my key card and went to push the door open with her shoulder, it didn't work. The second key card failed to unlock the door. She tried to use her pass key card two of them didn't work. After a time of playing with the door lock she found that the handle was lose and you had to hold the door handle and jiggle it. I was not happy with the safety of the lock and I was refused a change of rooms. the hotel was not full

Room Tip: The price is good if you get a clean room with a working door lock. Don't use room 150 a week la...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JRBMW

Travelers are raving about these Palmdale hotels

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed there was horrible, bed bugs, dirty romms with stains, kids crying so much. no one told me where the room was and I was looking everywhere for it. would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed August 2011
Stanton, California
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was in search of good stay for my business trip & my brother recommended this hotel. This is an excellent property with excellent friendly staff, most convenient location, in the heart of city where you can find everything in 2 mile area. With excellent staff & very good service, clean room I never feel that I am away from home. I would visit this property again & again when needed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wales, UK
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We were travelling from Death Valley to Los Angeles and needed somewhere for an overnight stay within an hours drive of LAX. We chose Days Inn Palmdale and I'm so glad we did - very polite and friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, good WiFi, simple but adequate breakfast all at a great price. We spent the afternoon relaxing at the attractive pool area. The location was good and was just a short drive to a large shopping mall. Many fast food restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were traveling from the Grand Canyon to Santa Barbara and needed an inexpensive clean place for an overnight. We had an clean simple room and slept well. We did not have and indication of bed bugs or a gated area. We were given good direction to area restaurants and the WIFI worked fine as well as the TV.
Breakfast in the AM was again simple but comfortable, cereal, coffee, some fruit.
Wish I could have been there in warmer weather to experience the big pool area.
It was a fine on/off the highway for us travelers
(Not sure what IonCannon is talking about)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

So I stayed at the Days Inn in Palmdale last night and was very un-impressed.

It's in a bad part of town, so I recommend not going out at night. The hotel is gated and locked at all but the entrance, but just just take a walk over to the street and you will not want to go any further.

I checked in late in the evening into a non-smoking room. Well, that didn't seem to mean anything to the previous guest because the room absolutely stunk of cigarettes and also incense (I imagine to try to cover the cigarette smell). I put this aside and felt I would just deal with it for one night.

Next, I turn on the TV and start flipping channels... Well once you hit a certain channel it starts going to channels 60-1. 60-2, 60-3, ... 60-11 and so on... each of these channels are empty. Not a huge deal but it's annoying as heck because it takes about 2-3 seconds before it will let you change the channel again.. Seems like they could just block those out if you ask me.

Finally, I woke up this morning and noticed some small red bumps on my legs and one large on on my face. I didn't know what this was but I had an idea what it might be. Sure enough, I pulled back the covers and saw one large bed-bug and a couple small ones crawling on the sheets. Even took some pictures of the large on after I threw it in the sink. Links below.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank IonCannon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmdale
Ramada Palmdale
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#9 of 14 in Lancaster
Best Western Plus John Jay Inn & Suites

Been to Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area? Share your experiences!